Free Energy Challenge

JohnB

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steorn

yep they're a scam, a former dot com thats changed, their purpose as a company more times than should be legal, also because they haven't filed accounts since 2004 the Irish government could begin hearings in october to take posetion of the company.

This is all just a scam to allow the board of directors to make some money before the company goes down in flames.

I knew I didn't trust their CEO

What we have developed is a way to construct magnetic fields so that when you travel round the magnetic fields' date=' starting and stopping at the same position, you have gained energy, [...'] The energy isn't being converted from any other source such as the energy within the magnet. It's literally created. Once the technology operates it provides a constant stream of clean energy."

The device has been reported to be an all-magnet motor, with no electromagnetic component

Somehow I doubt they are getting energy from an unknown source.

I know a source of energy of almost unimaginable power and totaly free, and shouldn`t wear away or decay TOO badly the parts needed to make it work, I also have a design for this (albeit crude), and have plans on testing this when I can get all the parts together $$$

I would fail on part 3 and a little on part one, and certainly on the bit that requires me to be a Physicist :(

non the less, given time have every intention of builing this sucker and testing it :)

I know a source of energy of almost unimaginable power and totaly free, and shouldn`t wear away or decay TOO badly the parts needed to make it work, I also have a design for this (albeit crude), and have plans on testing this when I can get all the parts together $$$

hmm... does it involve radiation?

hmm... does it involve radiation?

no, not exactly, although it Does give off Radiation of sorts, not Ionising types tho :)

and probably Could be seen by some as Perpetual Motion (although in Truth, this isn`t the case at all)!

YT2095:

By the powers invested in me as a proud founder member of the crackpot club, I invite you to be an honorary member. A one-off payment of £10 will gain you a badge and tie, and lifetime membership.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steorn

yep they're a scam' date=' a former dot com thats changed, their purpose as a company more times than should be legal, also because they haven't filed accounts since 2004 the Irish government could begin hearings in october to take posetion of the company.

This is all just a scam to allow the board of directors to make some money before the company goes down in flames.

[/quote']

Or attract investors, if people believed they had an energy machine that just needed some development capital. I won't be participating in any IPO, that's for sure. (they're a private company according to the Wiki article)

YT2095:

By the powers invested in me as a proud founder member of the crackpot club' date=' I invite you to be an honorary member. A one-off payment of £10 will gain you a badge and tie, and lifetime membership.[/quote']

there is no tinfoil hat. ignore the brain washed scum.

actualy I was thinking of using Lightning, when the atmospere gets charged enough just before a strike it`s more than capable of lighting up neon bulbs and tubes, so a large enough capacitor and spark-gap shunts should allow enough electrical energy to charge a cap and the excess (over voltage) jumps the spark gap and travels harmlessly to earth, leaving your cap fully charged and no harm done.

my other idea was a modified lightning conductor, as the juice passes through the conductor to earth harmlessly the conductor itself would give off a huge EMP, that could be safely picked up by secondary coils close by, a bit like a Tesla coil in reverse.

but as I said, I wouldn`t qualify as it uses a Known Source, and I`m not a physicist.

I once had a go at comeing up with a free energy device (just as a way to pass time in a tea room - I think that someone was reading an article in a magazine or something).

My device was microscopic. It consisted of two conducting metal plates in a V shape (although not touching - a small gap was at the apex of the V). Near this was tow powerful magnets so that the field lines are perpendicular to the V (if the V was printed on a page the magnets would be either side of the page) and were allinged North to South (so they would be attracting).

My reasoning for this was that virtual particals would curve in the magnetic fields. If the strength of the magnets was set so that the particles (going dow the page) would collide with the metal plates, but because of the assimitary of the plates, they would not collide if the were going up the page.

This would result in the anitmatter virtual particles only hitting one plate and the matter particles only hitting the other. This w9ould cause a chage imbalance between the plates, and thus provieing energy for free.

Ofcourse I don't actually believe this would work (but I do not know the math to prove or disprove it - theres a chalenge for the members of this site :D:P:D ), but I did get the "most plauseable" vote of the tea room.

If someone here can do the math, I would like to know if it would or wouldn't work (just curious).