Electricity won't conduct!!! GRRR

Kylonicus

I have conductive wire(measured resistance), I have new batteries, and yet when I hook the positive end to the negative end of the battery, with my wires, it won't produce current!

Grrrr....

Does anybody know how to make this work?

BTW, I'm using double A batteries.

I need this in order to test an experiment which if it works(the principle this simple, something that's easy, would produce alot of money, but seems to be overlooked by people, but my condition makes things blatantly obvious to me, that are invisible to others), but I have to be able to draw current, before I can power other components of my experiment.

Any assistance would be welcomed.

is their a break in the wire? Are you trying to produce heat with the current, to make steam or something? Because i dont see how with a short circuit you can use it to make money. If anything to make movement (if thats what your trying to do) your going to need to draw as little of current as possible.

I have conductive wire(measured resistance), I have new batteries, and yet when I hook the positive end to the negative end of the battery, with my wires, it won't produce current!

How much resistance? Are you connecting the ammeter in series with your wires? What range is the ammeter adjusted to?

• 4 weeks later...

I found out what the problem was, the wire I was using current handle the current(it was a very, very circumference wire), thus causing increased resistance.

Also, what I meant by "experimental battery", was a battery type that allows you to wrap wires around terminals, rather than having to tape or push things on the batteries.