Why be human?

Guest Six

When you could be so much more. A long time ago I came to realize our flaw is being human. We humans should focus on enhancing ourselves beyond what we are. The realm of science exist for that very reason but yet people rather be trapped in their pool of ignorance. I see no purpose for those that limit themselves and others.

Not even God has the right to limit self aware beings.

When you could be so much more. A long time ago I came to realize our flaw is being human. We humans should focus on enhancing ourselves beyond what we are. The realm of science exist for that very reason but yet people rather be trapped in their pool of ignorance. I see no purpose for those that limit themselves and others.

I've often wondered what the world would be like if so many weren't so self involved, and we all muscled in together to achieve something far beyond what we have achieved at present. There are many people that get caught up in the trivialities of a consumer lifestyle. The fickle masses sit on their butts waiting for science to provide them with better lifestyles, better health, faster technology and communication, improved services, shorter delays et.c et.c

It's not all doom and gloom. I think it's necessary to have a need from the masses to invoke progress, it creates diversity with different technologies, and this means implementation of ideas that wouldn't of been realized if there wasn't this thirst for improvement in so many sectors.

I think diversity in culture is needed as well, if we were all environment conscious egg heads designing fuel efficient space crafts to continue our race elsewhere...things would probably be a little dull, maybe...I get your point. I try not to worry too much about it, I quite like the way there's a separation of the pioneers and the (possibly) automatons.

This idea is nothing new. Do some research into Eugenics you might like what you read. I personally think Eugenics in the right dose could be a good thing.

As for your ignorance comment, you are not looking at history. From a historical standpoint we are very VERY young in terms of understanding the bigger picture. Hell, it is not even been 200 years since we finally got a grasp on our true origins. Give man a chance before labeling us as ignorant monkeys.

I've often wondered what the world would be like if so many weren't so self involved, and we all muscled in together to achieve something far beyond what we have achieved at present.
I think this is the true way to improve as a species, not just bio-enhancement. If we pared away the waste in our society and worked cooperatively to remove redundancy and wasted efforts we could truly afford to pioneer some startling achievements.

I know I've harped on this before, but in the US we spend untold billions of dollars laying down asphalt roads and then letting people drive on them the day they're finished for "convenience". If those roads could cure for three months before letting people drive on them they would last for ten years or more before a pothole even showed up. Billions of dollars saved, now you have workers who can be put to tasks that aren't redundant, and you also save wear and tear on vehicles and everyone's stress levels go down because driving on smooth roads is a pleasure instead of a hassle.

More cooperation as a species and less emphasis on the individual would help us be more than human, or rather redefine humanity in a better image.

Yeah I believe we are young as a species and, what's more, global trade and communication is in its infancy; and there exists an awful lot of room for improvement.

We are all guilty of being ignorant to some degree however I think a greater problem is that many trade their ignorance for arrogance. Those within the scientific community, who consistently fail to communicate in a language in which the majority of people find understandable, are particularly guilty of this; and I think this is quite a problem if we wish to achieve an informed society - the news, internet and other forms of mass media tend to misinform more than anything.

Ignorance? that is to be human. You think letting evolution do it bit is boring, and slow, but if we meddle with it (and we will) there is a possibility that we grew into some new and exciting but since we artifically created it, there is a chance that we stop evolution completely afterwords, due to lets say; improper genetic mutation.

No matter what, every thing a human does will have some form of ignorance, we are not perfect and can never be, therefore we can't know/be-aware of everything, to not be ignorant.

To put it even clearer...

My post has ignorance, the guys before me and the guys after me will have some ignorance (probably less). Even your post has some, I mean how do you know we are limiting ourselves?

Ignorance is always seen as a bad thing, but its relative, it's not all bad. It's envitiability.

I'll sum this up so you can get my point. Every filthy monkey in this zoo has no right to exist accept my kind. Now my breed of humans have the right to exist because we desire to become more then what we are while your people just are monkeys reproducing and passing down your pitiful knowledge of life. What I'm saying is your kind has no purpose other then stopping my people from becoming free.

Now I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but your kind can't comprehend us because we're beyond you.

Why be human?
Good company.
We humans should focus on enhancing ourselves beyond what we are.
Well yeh' date=' going to the gym, going to school, watching what we eat, it's all good.
people rather be trapped in their pool of ignorance.
to be trapped, it seems you're quite ignorant about the English language; sort yourself out before critising others.
Now my breed of humans have the right to exist because we desire to become more then what we are while your people just are monkeys reproducing and passing down your pitiful knowledge of life.
Now that would make sense if you actually knew any more than me' date=' or were better than me in any way, which I don't accept that you are. In fact, I'm pretty sure I could be shown to be your superiour in many fields.
Now I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but your kind can't comprehend us because we're beyond you.
Who is this 'we'? What evidence do you have to suggest that you're beyond anyone, let alone the established members of this forum?

Good company.Well yeh, going to the gym, going to school, watching what we eat, it's all good.to be trapped[/i'], it seems you're quite ignorant about the English language; sort yourself out before critising others.Now that would make sense if you actually knew any more than me, or were better than me in any way, which I don't accept that you are. In fact, I'm pretty sure I could be shown to be your superiour in many fields.Who is this 'we'? What evidence do you have to suggest that you're beyond anyone, let alone the established members of this forum?

Tree please do us a favor and kill yourself. Your mother deserves to suffer just for giving birth to useless trash. Matter of fact it would of been best if you died with everybody else in 9/11.

You apes are just products of a well controlled manipulated society. How sad it is you sheep can't even think beyond your programming.

Tree please do us a favor and kill yourself.
Been there, done that, wasn't that interesting so I did something else.
Your mother deserves to suffer just for giving birth to useless trash.
Maybe' date=' but surely it's canceled out when I came along?
Matter of fact it would of been best if you died with everybody else in 9/11.
Maybe so, but what the hell are you going to do about it?
You apes are just products of a well controlled manipulated society.
Manipulated by whom?
How sad it is you sheep can't even think beyond your programming.
I like programming, C++ is great fun although my real passion lies in PHP. I most certainly think beyond it though, when I need coffee for instance.

So tell me again, what makes you so much better than (or even up to the standard of) anyone else?

So tell me again, what makes you so much better than (or even up to the standard of) anyone else?

His false sense of superiority perhaps? Oh sorry, that doesn't make him any better at all:-p !

Perhaps his point is that humans who start upgrading themselves using technology(for example) will stand a better chance of survival(or in the more likely and less extreme scenario, a purposeful existence) in the future as the power of AI increases. It all seems moot in the end to me because really AI would far surpass even upgraded humans. But then again we know nothing really about this kind of intelligence or what their motive will be; as there has been none created so far(of near intellect to us).

I think before we do this though we should try to truly understand ourselves and our own potential first(as we are far from that), and in the end not become too attached to our own existence or sense of power and see past the superficiality that surrounds us.

Tree please do us a favor and kill yourself. Your mother deserves to suffer just for giving birth to useless trash. Matter of fact it would of been best if you died with everybody else in 9/11.

You apes are just products of a well controlled manipulated society. How sad it is you sheep can't even think beyond your programming.

Who are you representing ? Please enlighten me on how to think beyond my so-called programming.

I'm confused...are we apes or sheep, there's a clear distinction between the two. Can I be a lizard...I like lizards.

Have you ever looked into transhumanism?