How is this mathematical?

Hades

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. options number 3-infinity: we dont understand what bears think' date=' so it could be any number of things, since our "knowledge" of bears is nothing more than guesses, which are based on our own psychology and the way WE would do things.

2. have bears done anything that could help lead them to world domination? or do they stand around eating fish and berries all day?

so yeah. problems.[/quote']

Our "knowlege" of the Universe is nothing mroe than guesses. My situtaion has the same problems that yours has.

What would lead us to believe that someone created the universe?

if your trying to make the situation sound ludicrous your wasting your time, because thats pretty much what i think of the idea of god. yes, given the fact that its impossible to have any evidence against your flying saucer, for the sake of argument you cant say it has anything other than a 50/50 probability of being there.

Well, just because you have two options doesn't mean they MUST be equally probable. Loaded dice for example.

I maintain since we have evidence that planets, stars, solar systems and galaxies are capable of forming and dying on their own, this makes it more likely that the container formed on its own as well, IMO.

So, I wouldn't give it a 50/50, but then again, I couldn't give it any probability. I can only say it is highly unlikely.

We could also argue semantics. When I think of a creator, I think of an intelligent agent that creates with a purpose. You could have an organism that farted, with no purpose and the universe is the result. I wouldn't count this as creation, the universe created itself from chaos.

Well, just because you have two options doesn't mean they MUST be equally probable. Loaded dice for example.

i didnt say two options must be equally probable. i said two options with no factors swaying it either direction are equally probable.

while yes, we have evidence that the universe could have formed on its own, that is not evidence that it DID. we have no evidence that it couldnt have been created, we have no evidence that it HAD to be created. therefore i believe them to be equally probable in a strictly logical sense. personally, i dont think theres a chance in "hell" that it was created, but logically there is no evidence to suggest it wasnt.

i think im done discussing this tho : P its just going in circles.