Evolution Timeline

Look here for a timeline of the major evolution events, on a linear scale, which really drives home the relative time scales of the grouping that are given. You'll have to scroll if you don't have a 135 foot wide monitor. ;)

(there was a complaint where I first saw this that it didn't display well under IE, but did with Firefox. It was fine on Safari for me)

Thats great but as evolution is a theory it is not based on complete guesswork. I have another theory for you humans were created in the same week as monkeys and dinosaurs roughly 6 - 10 thousand years ago.

Nobody who understands what a scientific theory is thinks that a theory is based on "complete guesswork" so I don't understand your comment.

Your conjecture about humans, monkeys and dinosaurs could become theory if you could make some predictions based on it, come up with evidence that supported it, etc. Alas, it has already been falsified many times over.

Nobody who understands what a scientific theory is thinks that a theory is based on "complete guesswork" so I don't understand your comment.

Your conjecture about humans' date=' monkeys and dinosaurs could become theory if you could make some predictions based on it, come up with evidence that supported it, etc. Alas, it has already been falsified many times over.[/quote']

Why waste the cartilage.

Your conjecture about humans' date=' monkeys and dinosaurs could become theory if you could make some predictions based on it, come up with evidence that supported it, etc. Alas, it has already been falsified many times over.[/quote']

Where is the rock solid proof that the world has experienced millions of years? Just as you believe in millions of years based on faith in what you have heard and read I also the same faith in my belief in thousands of years. There is no scientific way of proving millions of years.

Where is the rock solid proof that the world has experienced millions of years? Just as you believe in millions of years based on faith in what you have heard and read I also the same faith in my belief in thousands of years. There is no scientific way of proving millions of years.

Your phrasing suggests you have already made up your mind, and that no evidence will sway you. However, just in case you are truly interested in actually learning something, I suggest reading G. Brent Dalrymple's "The Age of the Earth" which includes a lot of history as well.

here is a talk origins article on the topic, as well as some debunking of common "young-earth" dating methods.

if you take theory as being faith, then why are you attacking it thus, unless you expect your faith to be attacked in return?

with all due respect, i'd rather read from the nature around me than from the words of a book. nature cannot lie.

and to the thread starter, thank you for the timeline, its a really great visual aid for understanding the order of what most likely progressed.

This is clearly off-topic.

light travels at a constant speed. we can see far farther than 6000-1000 light years away.