Gravitomagnetism?

bascule

Anyone with actual physics knowledge have something to say about this?

http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/GSP/SEM0L6OVGJE_0.html

Scientists funded by the European Space Agency have measured the gravitational equivalent of a magnetic field for the first time in a laboratory. Under certain special conditions the effect is much larger than expected from general relativity and could help physicists to make a significant step towards the long-sought-after quantum theory of gravity.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whew for a minute there i thought that you had gone over to the stupid side.

I predict that this will bring in an abnormally high number of idiots proclaiming that "their" theory of an electric universe is right and einstein was all wrong.

oh well.

whew for a minute there i thought that you had gone over to the stupid side.

I predict that this will bring in an abnormally high number of idiots proclaiming that "their" theory of an electric universe is right and einstein was all wrong.

oh well.

It might, they may be, and he may be. But from your expert point of view, what is the answer to the question posed?

I checked up the topic of gravitomagnetism on web of science...seems there are a bunch of people researching and publishing on the topic. Not sure if they're all on diverging perspectives....just that there is legit stuff going on.

Gravitomagnetism is predicted by General Relativity. It is meant to be there. The fact that it is, apparently, sometimes bigger than expected I can't comment on.

Gravity Probe B:

http://einstein.stanford.edu/

http://www.gravityprobeb.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_Probe_B

is supposed to measuring the same effect. It was launched in 2004 and finished collecting data last year (2005):

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/marshall/news/news/releases/2005/05-160.html

A final report is due at a special session during the American Physical Society (APS) meeting in April 2007.

For some info on gravitomagnetism see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitomagnetism

• 1 month later...

Gravitomagnetism

Gravitomagnetism is predicted by Einstein’s general relativity. The question is just what is gravitomagnetism? Let us break it down first.

[1] Gravity; A large scale accelerating fields of force that is found in

Nature emanating from the core regions of heavenly bodies.

[2] Magnetism; A large scale accelerating fields of force that is found

in nature emanating from the core regions of heavenly bodies.

[3] Broth magnetic & gravitational fields of force have been found to

move at © the speed of light.

[4] But, just what are these fields made up of that is moving at ©, well

for the lack of any other term we will use lines of flux to explain

them.

Newton’s summing up of the mystery of how and why gravity worked as it did and still holds good today:

“That one body may act upon another at a distance through a vacuum without the mediation of anything else , by and through which their action maybe conveyed from one to another , is to me so great an absurdity that , I believe , no man who has in philosophic matters a competent facility of thinking could ever fall into it.”

“We can hardly admit that one and the same medium is capable of transmitting two or more actions by wholly different mechanisms, [so] all forces may be regarded as connected more or less intimately with those which we study in electromagnetism.”

In short the phenomenon known as action at a distance could be described by math, but it could not be explained.

So we now have Newton and Einstein thinking that broth gravity and magnetism are much the same as the electromagnetism’s action.

Well let us look at magnetism & electromagnetism and their actions.

[ a ] We can see the pattern of the fields of flux of a magnet if we put a

magnet under a piece of paper and sprinkle some iron shavings

on the paper and iron shavings will line up in the pattern of the

magnetic lines of flux that will be basically in a donut shape

pattern that goes from pole to pole of the magnet.

[ b ] We see the very same pattern in the lines of flux of an electro-

magnet in doing this same experiment. But here we are inducing

a magnetic field into the iron rod of the electromagnet by the

energized coil of conducting wire that is coiled around the iron

rod.

[ c ] Now if we take the iron core / rod out of the electromagnet and

doe the experiment. We will now see the pattern of an electro-

magnetic fields of flux that are now in a hollow donut shaped

field that man has found out that he can use as an accelerating

field of force. So we now have a pattern of an accelerating field of

force that may help us understand what to look for in our search

for a pattern to a gravitational field of force.

Ok, we now have two of the wisest men ever known to mankind Newton and Einstein thinking on same line that gravity and magnetic fields are being produced basically the by the same sub-atomic actions, but are propagated out in different patterns.

Einstein’s Cosmic Constant states that gravity should have two poles. Yes Einstein said that gravity should have two poles just like the electromagnetic accelerating fields we just seen in our experiments. But we have never been able to understand how to locate a second pole for Einstein’s Cosmic Constant Gravity.

Now all that we need to do is figure out just what particle/ or particles account for producing these fields. We already know that

The electron is responsible for spinning out the electromagnetic lines

of flux. Along with the fact that electrons have the ability to conduct, that is to move from one atomic-system to another in certain types of atomic-systems. And in certain types of atomic-systems the electron’s produced lines of flux can induce a magnetic field in that atomic-system.

Now we will look at these atomic-systems in a larger scale known as mass and this is just what we find as the cores of Earth, Moon, and most likely our sun. This mass is know as iron and here this iron is found in two extreme states, the inner cores are iron in a solid state and the outer cores are iron in a molten/ or plasma state.

We now have the two extreme states of iron in the location where we suspect the gravitational fields are produced.

Questions

[Q1] How can these two extreme states of iron coexist in this area of a

heavenly body?

[Q2] Why iron as the second layer, and not one the other 27 known

heaver elements?

[Q3] Does iron’s atomic system have not only the ability to polarize and

propagate out magnetic fields of flux in one state, but maybe in a

different state also have the ability to polarize and propagate out

gravitational fields of flux also?

[Q4] If so then what are the forces involved this action within the iron’s

atomic system?

[Q5] Or is there an outside force at work here that brings on these

actions?

[Q6] Is the final action the converting of the outer core area of molten/

plasma state of iron into a state of High-Density-Mass where as to

force the strong forces of the iron’s atomic-system to polarize and

propagate out as gravitational fields of flux. And like magnetic

fields of forces the gravitational fields of force also have two poles

where all of the same poles face the inner core and all of the same

face into space. So we have a core-pole and a space-pole to gravity

now, just as Einstein’s Cosmic Constant states it should have.

Alpha-137:)

Newton and Einstein on track together!

Man; I can Not believe that not one person out there can even QUESTION or come close to COMPREHANDING that broth Newton and Einstein were on the right track in thing that gravity maybe brought about in the same way [ QUATOM MACHCANICS ] as that of electromagnetism is.

Not by the same particle [The Electron.] because it is not the only particle that can spin out a filed of flux.

But of course neither Newton nor Einstein had the opportunity to know about the filed spinning six quarks that make the neutron and proton’s outer shells with their fields of flux that can be made to polarize and propagate out as their gravitational of force that they had been looking for.

Well, I can only guess that just because they were unable to complete this part of their theories.

Then it surly must be a mind set that, “NO ONE CAN!”

Especially an amateur nobody! Even with an experiment that will prove it.

Well with this MIND SET I guess that I will just move on.

Alpha-137

heavenly body?

What?

heaver elements?

Iron is the most stable element (nuclear bonding energies) so there is alot more of it about.

An iron atom does create a gravitation field?

atomic system?

?

[Q5] Or is there an outside force at work here that brings on these

actions?

Well for iron to polarise you need some outside magnetic field to polarise it.

[Q6] Is the final action the converting of the outer core area of molten/

plasma state of iron into a state of High-Density-Mass where as to

force the strong forces of the iron’s atomic-system to polarize and

propagate out as gravitational fields of flux. And like magnetic

fields of forces the gravitational fields of force also have two poles

where all of the same poles face the inner core and all of the same

face into space. So we have a core-pole and a space-pole to gravity

now, just as Einstein’s Cosmic Constant states it should have.

No idea...

Newton and Einstein on track together!

Man; I can Not believe that not one person out there can even QUESTION or come close to COMPREHANDING that broth Newton and Einstein were on the right track in thing that gravity maybe brought about in the same way [ QUATOM MACHCANICS ] as that of electromagnetism is.

Not by the same particle [The Electron.] because it is not the only particle that can spin out a filed of flux.

But of course neither Newton nor Einstein had the opportunity to know about the filed spinning six quarks that make the neutron and proton’s outer shells with their fields of flux that can be made to polarize and propagate out as their gravitational of force that they had been looking for.

Well' date=' I can only guess that just because they were unable to complete this part of their theories.

Then it surly must be a mind set that, “NO ONE CAN!”

Especially an amateur nobody! Even with an experiment that will prove it.

Well with this MIND SET I guess that I will just move on.

Alpha-137[/quote']

I'd disagree that there is a mind set, people are constantly questioning. testing and changing newtons and einsteins theories... I'd suggest you read up on the scientific method before you make such statements.

Dear Klynos;

The Mind set that I was talking about is the one that the other 172 people that read this other than you, but unlike you just sat there and thought that there is a NUT.

At lest you have an open mind enough to list my questions and then you give me your answers to them.

First do you agree that both Newton and Einstein was thing along this track?

That is gravity is most likely field of flux much like that of electromagnetic fields are, but are most likely in a different pattern.

Second do you agree that the Earth, Moon, and most likely our Sun have an Iron core? We have only had the chance to do seismograph here on Earth and the Moon. But there are findings that are leaning to say that our Sun has an Iron also.

heavenly body?

Your answer was; “What?”

Well, here I am talking about the Inner-core and outer-cores of these heavnly bodies that are in two extreme states.

The inner core is in a state of being solid Nickel-Iron, Meaning that it must be in a much cooler state than that of the outer-core that is in a much hotter state of molten/or plasma state.

Just take time to ask how can the inner-core stay in this much cooler state!

Here we must look at NATURE’S best cooling action, and that is magnetic fields. Magnetic fields are NATURE’S most efficient MEANS of dissipating HEAT. Why do you think that we have the ICE-PACKS at the magnetic-poles?

heaver elements?

Your answer was; Iron is the most stable element. Thus there is more of it.

That is a reasonable answer! Now think of my first answer.

The second layer/ outer-core of molten/or plasma state of Nickel-Iron is attracted to the inner-core magnetism and its fields has the ability to dissipate the HEAT that is being transferred from the outer-core back to the outer-core. Energy conversion at Nature’s best.

Your answer was! “Iron atom does create a gravitational fields.”

That is a very reasonable and educated answer for today!

Now stop and really think we are not talking about the atomic-fields that reach out and touch the next atom /or mass.

We are talking about fields like the ones of the Moon that reach out and make the tides here on Earth.

Yes the are the same atomic-fields that you are talking about, but the area of mass that these fields come from is the outer-core of molten/or plasma that has been converted to High-Density-Mass and have the ability to force to the atomic-fields to polarize and propagate out as gravitational fields.

atomic system?

Your answer was! [?] That was a very fair answer!

Because the forces here are not the ones that are thought about very much, actually one of them is not even counted in the four forces;

[1] gravity, [2] atomic-weak,[3] atomic-strong, [4] electromagnetic.

Yet it is the one force that converts the molten/or plasma into the

High-Density-Mass and it is the high speed thermal transfer resistance

Between the very hot outer-core and the much cooler inner-core and the inner-core’s magnetic fields sending the heat/ inferred particles back into the outer-core.

The actions that are brought about here is that the electron of the molten nickel-iron stripped away making it into a plasma state first, but this resistance is so high that it forces the orbits of the three quarks in the neutron and the three quarks in the proton follow the path of lest resistance and fall into a single orbit. This action now has the proton’s quarks in a single plane orbit with the neutron’s quarks also in a single plane orbit. This action forces the strong force fields of flux to polarize and propagate out as the gravitational fields of force.

See, the act of the three quarks being in a single orbit with the neutron and proton stacked on top of each other is what gives us the state of High-Density-Mass doe to the collapse of the three different orbits into a single plane orbit. Reducing the Mass area to 1/137 of its’ original area.

Here now can you picture a very small electromagnetic coil that is only as wide as the neutron and proton, actually a littler with each coil simulating each layer of orbits of the quarks that is putting out a very thin magnetic field out past the Moon, then you can visualize a single gravitational field.

Actually this unifies the STRONG FORCES AND GRAVITATIONAL FORCES as one force. And shows us that all of the four atomic-forces are actually lines of flux. And that the external Thermal Transfer Resistance is the force that brings the conversion of mass to High-Density-Mass.

Answer # 4 here also answered #5&6

Thank you

Alpha-137

Hi, just a quick note, it's probably the length of the post that made people ignore it :s

I'm going out tonight so I don't have time to write a proper reply atm, but I shall..

Just something I can write quick:

The inner core is in a state of being solid Nickel-Iron, Meaning that it must be in a much cooler state than that of the outer-core that is in a much hotter state of molten/or plasma state.

This is quite trivial to explain, becuase Pressure, Temperature and Volue are all related in an equation of state, and are all effected by phase changes (the fact the inner core is solid makes a MASSIVE difference).

Takeing a VERY general equation of state as an example:

PV=nRT

Where:

P - pressure

V - volume

n - number of moles

R - gas constant

T - Temperature,

Have a quick read of:

http://www.wisci.org/wiki/Ideal_gas_equation

Here you can see how altering the pressure you'll alter the temperature...

oh well.

I see your point :)

as for the OP, Fantastic! this may open up yet another path for us to explore and update our current knowledge/Ideas, something like this Can`t be bad :)

I see your point :)

as for the OP' date=' Fantastic! this may open up yet another path for us to explore and update our current knowledge/Ideas, something like this Can`t be bad :)[/quote']

Or they'll work out that it's an experimental error and it does agree with relativity (forever the pesimist)...

Or maybe they'll just slightly change some technicality in SR which makes it all work properly.

Just like at the moment Standard Model (SM) says the neutrino has no mass. If/when the neutrino's mass is confirmed then all that needs to be changed is that officially the SM says a neutrino has a mass. That's it, a simple change to correct things. A similar thing might be needed for SR to account for this.

Or what YT said, or what Klaynos said...

Dear YT2095, Klaynos, 5614

All of you seam to be into science putty good and you YT2095, on your web site you claim to have a lab. So before you see or make a point you really should read the post very carefully.

I say this only because not one of you asked about the experiment that can prove this line of thing.

I not only do not say that SR or Einstein is wrong. Just the opposite my work shows that broth Newton and Einstein was broth was on the right track.

If you really like science that much then you should go back and take the time to totally read my post,

The experiment is very simple, so simple that anyone can do it only uses the two extreme states of Iron that momentarily makes;

[ MAN MADE GRAVITATIONAL FIELDS ]

Alpha-137 :)

Dear Klynos;

The Mind set that I was talking about is the one that the other 172 people that read this other than you' date=' but unlike you just sat there and thought that there is a NUT.

At lest you have an open mind enough to list my questions and then you give me your answers to them.

First do you agree that both Newton and Einstein was thing along this track?

That is gravity is most likely field of flux much like that of electromagnetic fields are, but are most likely in a different pattern.

[/quote']

It is my understanding that gravity can be modelled as a force field. (guases law can be applied rather well...)

Second do you agree that the Earth' date=' Moon, and most likely our Sun have an Iron core? We have only had the chance to do seismograph here on Earth and the Moon. But there are findings that are leaning to say that our Sun has an Iron also.

[/quote']

The earth yes, the moon contains considerably less iron at it's core (percentage wise) as the earth, although this is a matter of some debate. Only the outer part of the suns core contains iron... http://solarscience.msfc.nasa.gov/interior.htm

heavenly body?

Your answer was; “What?”

Well' date=' here I am talking about the Inner-core and outer-cores of these heavnly bodies that are in two extreme states.

Just take time to ask how can the inner-core stay in this much cooler state!

[/quote']

See my post above, related to phase changes, and pressure.

Here we must look at NATURE’S best cooling action' date=' and that is magnetic fields. Magnetic fields are NATURE’S most efficient MEANS of dissipating HEAT. Why do you think that we have the ICE-PACKS at the magnetic-poles?

[/quote']

Can you show me some evidence for this, it's not something I've come accross before.

[Q2] Why iron as the second layer' date=' and not one the other 27 known

heaver elements?

Your answer was; Iron is the most stable element. Thus there is more of it.

That is a reasonable answer! Now think of my first answer.

The second layer/ outer-core of molten/or plasma state of Nickel-Iron is attracted to the inner-core magnetism and its fields has the ability to dissipate the HEAT that is being transferred from the outer-core back to the outer-core. Energy conversion at Nature’s best.

[Q3'] Does iron’s atomic system have not only the ability to polarize and

Your answer was! “Iron atom does create a gravitational fields.”

That is a very reasonable and educated answer for today!

Now stop and really think we are not talking about the atomic-fields that reach out and touch the next atom /or mass.

We are talking about fields like the ones of the Moon that reach out and make the tides here on Earth.

Yes the are the same atomic-fields that you are talking about, but the area of mass that these fields come from is the outer-core of molten/or plasma that has been converted to High-Density-Mass and have the ability to force to the atomic-fields to polarize and propagate out as gravitational fields.

Are you suggesting that only very very dense objects produce gravity?

atomic system?

Your answer was! [?] That was a very fair answer!

Because the forces here are not the ones that are thought about very much' date=' actually one of them is not even counted in the four forces;

[1'] gravity, [2] atomic-weak,[3] atomic-strong, [4] electromagnetic.

Yet it is the one force that converts the molten/or plasma into the

High-Density-Mass and it is the high speed thermal transfer resistance

Between the very hot outer-core and the much cooler inner-core and the inner-core’s magnetic fields sending the heat/ inferred particles back into the outer-core.

The actions that are brought about here is that the electron of the molten nickel-iron stripped away making it into a plasma state first, but this resistance is so high that it forces the orbits of the three quarks in the neutron and the three quarks in the proton follow the path of lest resistance and fall into a single orbit. This action now has the proton’s quarks in a single plane orbit with the neutron’s quarks also in a single plane orbit.

It is my understanding that we know little to nothing about quark "orbits" inside baryons?

This action forces the strong force fields of flux to polarize and propagate out as the gravitational fields of force.

By this do you mean the residule strong force? If so it is only usefull over a very short distance.

See' date=' the act of the three quarks being in a single orbit with the neutron and proton stacked on top of each other is what gives us the state of High-Density-Mass doe to the collapse of the three different orbits into a single plane orbit. Reducing the Mass area to 1/137 of its’ original area.

Here now can you picture a very small electromagnetic coil that is only as wide as the neutron and proton, actually a littler with each coil simulating each layer of orbits of the quarks that is putting out a very thin magnetic field out past the Moon, then you can visualize a single gravitational field.

Actually this unifies the STRONG FORCES AND GRAVITATIONAL FORCES as one force. And shows us that all of the four atomic-forces are actually lines of flux. And that the external Thermal Transfer Resistance is the force that brings the conversion of mass to High-Density-Mass.

[/quote']

And now can we have some unifying maths, and something that we could test to prove this?

Answer # 4 here also answered #5&6

Thank you

Alpha-137

Thanks, I don't mean to sound as if I'm just no beliving you, but in science everyone is always stood around saying "why, prove it, show me, I think your wrong look at this" etc...

Dear Klaynos

[Q1] It is my understanding that we know little to nothing about quark "orbits" inside baryons?

You need to read the book; “God Particle” by the Nobel winner Leon Lenderman.

In it he describes the quarks orbits as making up the blurred outer shells of the neutrons and protons much like the electron’s orbits make up the blurred outer shell of the atom.

[Q2] Are you suggesting that only very very dense objects produce gravity?

Yes; And this brings up the question!

What comes first? “HIGH-DENSITY-MASS OR GRAVITY”

As you can see I say HIGH-DENSITY-MASS comes first!

Yes all mass has the same forces, but only mass that has been converted to HIGH-DENSITY-MASS has the real long reaching gravitational fields.

[Q3] See my post above, related to phase changes, and pressure

I did see your post, and thank you. But you first must have gravity to have the pressure that you are talking about.

[Q4] It is my understanding that gravity can be modelled as a force field. (guases law can be applied rather well...)

Yes it is modeled as a force field. I am just saying that that force fields is made up of billions of thin polarized & propagated fields per square cm.

Dear Klaynos;

Magnetocaloric/ or magnetic cooling links;

http://www.physorg.com/news64851465.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_evaporative_cooling

I have a small camping fridge that has no moving parts

because it cools with magnetic fields.

Thanks very interesting' date=' probably better than gas camping fidges

Institute of Physics Condensed Matter and Materials Physics conference at the University of Exeter, on Friday 21 April.

The monday after that I was sat in the lecture theater that was given in!

But that's quite recent, reading the second link that seems a differnt method.

Does the earths magnetic field form a trap inside the core? I know it does around the atmosphere...

Dear Klaynos

[Q1] It is my understanding that we know little to nothing about quark "orbits" inside baryons?

You need to read the book; “God Particle” by the Nobel winner Leon Lenderman.In it he describes the quarks orbits as making up the blurred outer shells of the neutrons and protons much like the electron’s orbits make up the blurred outer shell of the atom.

I shall look it up' date=' know of any journal articles?

[Q2] Are you suggesting that only very very dense objects produce gravity?

Yes; And this brings up the question!

What comes first? “HIGH-DENSITY-MASS OR GRAVITY”

As you can see I say HIGH-DENSITY-MASS comes first!

Yes all mass has the same forces, but only mass that has been converted to HIGH-DENSITY-MASS has the real long reaching gravitational fields.

How do things form into dense lumps to form this high density matter? As the most dense things we thorise about are caused by gravity...

[Q3] See my post above' date=' related to phase changes, and pressure

I did see your post, and thank you. But you first must have gravity to have the pressure that you are talking about.[/quote']

My point.

[Q4] It is my understanding that gravity can be modelled as a force field. (guases law can be applied rather well...)

Yes it is modeled as a force field. I am just saying that that force fields is made up of billions of thin polarized & propagated fields per square cm.

Yes you can split up any force into infitesimal fileds... That's what guases law does effectively, then it adds them all up and you go "ahha"

Dear Klaynos;

Magnetocaloric/ or magnetic cooling links;

http://www.physorg.com/news64851465.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_evaporative_cooling

I have a small camping fridge that has no moving parts

because it cools with magnetic fields.

What is the make and model of your camping fridge? I'm sure it does not use magnetic evaporative cooling, and if is true that, from an article from last week that "only recently that magnetocaloric materials have been known with the right properties for use in everyday refrigeration. But several factors have so far prevented such applications. " then it's probably not that, either.

I'm betting it's a Peltier (thermoelectric) cooler.

Here we must look at NATURE’S best cooling action' date=' and that is magnetic fields. Magnetic fields are NATURE’S most efficient MEANS of dissipating HEAT. Why do you think that we have the ICE-PACKS at the magnetic-poles?

[/quote']

Correlation does not imply causality.