new hacking challenges game

TheGeek

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i tried many things to crack level 3 but no success. any other hint please.

even when i disabled JS' date=' could not find anything useful.

thank you.[/quote']

Hint: the answer your looking for is not in the main file ;)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

the password box which pops up after filling username and password on level 2 is killing me!!

does it matter if i am not using IE??

@Ryan, thank you for your help. that's quite an obvious answer that it is not in the main page. :P;):D

Harsh Gupta

strange, i cant even open the file i need to put the password into. and i too run 64 bit.

I´m going to look at it some more and if u still fail. Can i then pm you with what i was doing ? so you can say if i am right or wrong.

Its not in the main file? How would i go about opening another file from the source on the website?

If you were refering to my answer a few posts back, look for a tag in the source code that tells you the file name ;)

@Blunt: That would break the rules of the game ;)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

I found the password for level 3, put it in but it doesnt work.

BTW, dont look at the spoiler unless you want the answer (or what I think the answer is) to level 3. People who have already beaten level 3, tell me if I'm right...

[hide]so goes to correct site if pswrd = PASSWORD. PASSWORD = "AbCdE" apparently... tried that but it didnt work. I swear this is the answer but whatever... :P[/hide]

OKAY!!! this is absolutely killing me... I've read the entire source code for level 3 and do not see whats going wrong...

Again: dont look unless you want a hint at level 3. Although apparently this isnt helping me much...

[hide]

pwd = prompt("Please enter the password for level 3:","");

if (pwd==PASSWORD){

alert("Allright!\nEntering Level 4 ...");

location.href = CORRECTSITE;

}

else {

alert("WRONG!\nBack to disneyland !!!");

location.href = WRONGSITE;

}

PASSWORD="AbCdE";

CORRECTSITE="level4-sfvfxc.xhtml";

WRONGSITE="http://www.disney.com";

\*Alright... obviously its actually taking me to disney.com when I get it wrong, so the constants (password, correctsite and wrongsite) are declared properly as is the if statement. I enter AbCdE into the prompt like it says I'm supposed to for some reason that does not make pwd == "AbCdE". This is seriously killing me, so help would be GREAT! :P*\

[/hide]

Hey CanadaAots, Could the password actually equal "Password?"? Look at the second line of code. It seems to me that if "pwd==PASSWORD" then you move on. If not, then you go to disney. Not sure, but its the only thing i see in the code that doesn't fit.

Could someone please help me with lvl 2? Its sad, I know, but I cant find a way to open another file inside the source.