Evolution towards psychic abilities

aman

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, have to be some big-ass wings to get a person off the ground by themselves. And don't forget the zhuam factor:

I think the question is stupid, it just intends to attract attention. Stop watching sci-fi movies! Your question is similar to: "Will humans eventually fly (withut any apparatus)?"
He thinks it's stupid so it must be.

I've stopped watching sci-fi movies altogether. It's stupid to dream. We'll never be anything other than what we are right now.

wings or maybe both, but i am pretty sure wings

I seem to remember reading something about the possibility of winged humans a while ago - it wasn't very encouraging.

In order to get off the ground we'd need muscles so large our breast bones would need to be three or four feet longer to provide the anchor surface.

I can't remember how long you are able to flap before your heart explodes :confused:

I seem to remember reading something about the possibility of winged humans a while ago - it wasn't very encouraging.

In order to get off the ground we'd need muscles so large our breast bones would need to be three or four feet longer to provide the anchor surface.

I can't remember how long you are able to flap before your heart explodes :confused:

holy crap i havent seen this thread for a while, so i dont know how we got to discussing such things, but i'll jump in anyhow.

You'd have to add an extra heart to accomidate what the flapping requires--- duh

You are more today than you were yesterday. It may be subtle, but that's the result of your state of existance.
I hope you read posts 48, 52-54.

There is no smiley available for being sardonic, sarcastic, or just plain tongue in cheek.

you misconstrued the post. read it again.
I hope you read posts 48' date=' 52-54.[/quote']
Yeh' date=' it just sounded a little negative. I was being nice[/quote']Oh, well. We tried.

I wonder if zhuam got it?

I would really love to hear how Searching is doing. Her last post was a couple days after the one in this thread, over two months ago. Searching, if you're still out there, did it help to post here? How is your "evolution" going?

Oh' date=' well. We tried.

I wonder if zhuam got it?

[/quote']

I put in a well intentioned post, because I felt like it. If you don't think I understand irony your going about expressing it the wrong way. Re-quoting statements doesn't reinforce your views and does even less in understanding mine. The key to communication is listening, not repeating yourself.

Jesus.

atm, you quoted me directly in post #59, rather than responding to zhuam's negativity. You seemed to take my post out of context and when we called you on it, you respond rather defensively about my post being negative. Repeating the posts was my way of saying that the key to communication is listening.

This is straying far from the light-hearted sarcasm intended in the first place.

atm, you quoted me[/u'] directly in post #59, rather than responding to zhuam's negativity.

Considering I was replying to you and not zhuam I think quoting you was apt.

You seemed to take my post out of context and when we called you on it, you respond rather defensively about my post being negative.

I don't think implicitly stating I was being nice was being 'defensive'. I was, quite bloodly literally, being nice. It's not an alien concept and it was fairly obvious.

Repeating the posts was my way of saying that the key to communication is listening.

That's not a very convincing explanation, is it? If you think the best way to understand what's being said is to repeat yourself and hope for the best, you really do have communication problems.

• 4 weeks later...

So heres my idea....we only use a small percentage of our brain. However, if i say that psychic abilities exist in all people, in the part of our brain that we dont use then, i could say that those with psychic abilites are able to use more of the brain than the average person, the psychic part in particular....my thoughts are about as organized as my room, lol....basicly what i am trying to say is given enough time a small percentage of people would, by change, figure out how to use this part of the brain. In this way pyschic abilities are not a genetic phnomenon (sp?) but rather a simple function of chance. Please feel free to ask questions to clearify my thoughts, some times i can throw down a well organized arugment and sometime, no matter how much i think about it, my thoughts come out jumbled, lol.

Nathan