Unseasonably warm?

herpguy

Is this happening everywhere?

No. However, because of global warming, this is seen in quite a few places, at the same time while other places are experiencing relative low temeratures.

Where I live in Iowa, we too are having a mild January. There's been days nice enough for a picnic! Well, almost. And coupled with the warm temperature is a noticable precipitation drop, we're behind almost 10 inches.

There's two more months, so I don't think it will hold out.

Even though I live in the blistering desert of Phoenix Arizona, it usually gets blustery and cold enough for heavy frost and frozen puddles on a normal winter morning, but this winter, we maybe had two or so days of frost, have only needed to wear light jackets or sweaters for a few short weeks, and a week back we broke our old record of 103 days without precipitation (which is invariably rain here). It's already getting warm in teh afternoons, with no rain in sight.

You are not alone. I live in New Brunswick, Canada, and it's have been a frequent storyline in the daily newspaper. It is said to be 4 degrees warmer than normal around here. (I can notice it myself, as there is oddly not very much of snow).

UK has been hit with a cold winter this year...apparently the temperatures that Russia and Poland have been experiencing (down to -40 oC) is coming our way ! I doubt it'll be quite that extreme, but much colder than normal.

New South Wales (state of Australia) has just recorded its hottest month on record, with mean temperature 0.5 of a degree C higher for January than any other recorded month.

Looks like its going to continue into february, where I am (Sydney) it is currently 39 deg C (102.2 deg F), and I'm going for a 5 Km run and 10 Km bike ride this afternoon :-(

it was raining on top of a mountain here in TO, and that shouldn't happen

I'm sorry but "mountain here in TO" ha ha ha ha ha

You sure you're studying in TO?

Man I've lived there my whole life and there aren't any mountains anywhere near to TO.

in Central UK, it`s been alot warmer this winter than any of the others I`ve know, sure there`s been the odd cold day, but the average...

for instance even the plants have noticed it, my daffodils started coming up in November and are now 4 inches tall! I`m hoping we don`t get a few days of bad frost as it Might kill them off :(

I guess it must just be where we live (right on the southern coast) it's very open where we are so when the skies are clear we've had some incredibly cold nights. Let's hope that Siberian winter doesn't make it's way over and snuffs out all the early daffodils...no sign of those or crocuses down here yet. :confused:

Well it's really warm here in Chicago. Which is good in the sense that I'm not freezing whenever I walk outside, but bad in the sense that we'll never have a snow day. :( Man we haven't had one in a really long time.

I had a snow day in the begining of December:-) but I doubt I'll get another one :-( .

• 4 weeks later...

Here, in Canada, we seem to have winter delayed for a month or two longer then usual, then followed by about 4-6 months of on and off temperatures that dip to severely cold for this time of year (-40 celsius, also -40 in farenheit) to unseasonably warm (sometimes 2 degrees celsius when it should be -20 degrees celsius)

Summers have been unseasonably warm, too, with 40 celsius last year during normaly 30 celsius weather.

Here' date=' in Canada, we seem to have winter delayed for a month or two longer then usual, then followed by about 4-6 months of on and off temperatures that dip to severely cold for this time of year (-40 celsius, also -40 in farenheit) to unseasonably warm (sometimes 2 degrees celsius when it should be -20 degrees celsius)

Summers have been unseasonably warm, too, with 40 celsius last year during normaly 30 celsius weather.[/quote']

You must have live in a different part in Canada. Spring seems to be early around here, and we haven't gotten a single snowstorm yet! We got 3 or 4 huge snowstorms last year, so it has been oddly around here.

New South Wales (state of Australia) has just recorded its hottest month on record, with mean temperature 0.5 of a degree C higher for January than any other recorded month.

And I just heard tonight that here in Canberra it has also been the hottest Febuary on record too (and summer).