X-Rated Squid Footage

blike

Guest bread theif

All I can say Steve, is that the video of the freaky little extinct Octopus you showed at the Genesis Formal dinner (right after I finished the chicken of course), blew me away.

Not to mention the Collosal "fu**ing huge" Squid...

Man, I sure hope I'm talking to the right person

Yup, but not the right one (as in no Architeuthis). We had to go ~ 1000km from where we'd wanted to go, given the most inclement weather conditions New Zealand has experienced for quite a few years, so it shouldn't come as any surprise. Tiz a very minor setback; the boat we have is mobile, and we can pretty much head off anywhere we want to, in between all of these other commitments (as in 'the day job'). In fact we're heading off again tomorrow night ..... but again not into Architeuthis country.

It'll just make recatching the little guy that much more rewarding, when we finally do achieve it.

Cheers

O

My word ... no offence taken; should have been more specific (he says, slapping his own wrist). Le pea-green-boaty be atop a galvanised trailer .... the trailer be attached to a big trucky .... Le trucky has a monster gearstick. By engaging said gearstick one can engage gearbox on Le Trucky; Le trucky, being attached to the aforementioned galvanised trailer, upon which Le pea-green boaty be afastened, begins to move. By coordinating arms, legs, eyes, wheels (attached to Le Trucky's steering bits and pieces), Maistro O'Shea can multi-task (quite a mean feat for a male, let me tell you), and pretty much head off in any direction he so choses (or the weather allows).

Aint modern technology marvelous. Oh, oversight. As I wouldn't want to push said 5 ton rig anywhere, much planning goes into one of these expeditions, along with litres and litres and litres and endless litres of petrol that get poured into Le Trucky's tanks ... and at 3km/litre one needs those endless litres. I also stock up with enough cigarettes to satiate my chain-smoking habit.

Off to attend to a few little crises here .....

O

• 5 months later...

Hi,this is to Mr.Steve O'shea,You are a great scientist,respect!I hope You see my messages,i am M=H=Z on the forum,i hope we can get in contact by e-mail,this means a lot to me,here are no giant squid fans in Antwerp,hehehe!Fantastic pics i collect on the net,i print them off for' my collection!I wiish you the best in search of these mastodonts in teh natural habitat,maybe...!!!one day... we film an gigantic super colossal giant squid of...!!!60!!!meters length,damn!!!!that!!!will be a great revelation,who knows!!!Greetz,Michael from Antwerp,Belgium!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...