Why do you think stone henge was built?

herpguy

I watched a special about stone henge a few days ago, and it said no one knows why it was built. I want to know the most popular idea so please reply with why you think stone henge was built.

I think it had something to do with astronomy, but I'm not sure.

Yes, go to Stone henge on summer solstis and you'll witness the greatest coming together of weiros on the planet.

I have met several druids through a family friend and you really need to have an open mind when talking to them, there just nuts.

I reckon that stonehenge was something incredibly boring, like a village hall or the tribal chiefs house. If you look at the way it's arranged, it would have been easy to lay big branches right the way across to make the beams for a thatched roof.

Pointing at the sun, was probably for the sake of pointing at the sun, to fill the building with light. It's nothing mystical, houses are still built with consideration to wich way they are pointing today.

It seems too be some sort of calendar but no-one is realy shure but it does match with the summer and winter saulsdisks so I suppose thats one of the best guesses.

There is also a lot of evidence that many peopel went through therer each year so it does seem to be a place of ceremonial significance too.

Cheers,

Ryan Jones