happy twenty-third of november

Dak

I wonder how many drunks will be wandering the streets of England tonight... Wait, they won't have to, they can get pass out in the pubs!

That's kind of the rationale behind this. They're trying to limit the amount of people on the streets at pub closing times...around 11:00 - 11:30...in a hope to alleviate the amount of clashes between the 'beer monsters.'

There's been a lot of controversy about whether this new system will work...I personally think it's a great idea, as incidents 'should' in theory be more isolated and not involve huge groups of moronic thugs 'having it out' on the streets...where more often than not innocent people end up getting hurt.

This side of night life in the UK makes me sick...you can go out and have a great night, but you have to be quite selective where you go. This is fine by me, the kind of places where you get trouble are meat markets of no-brain ignorant pricks, who bumble around to regurgitated accessible mainstream house and R n B pap (they need to be told what music to be into), sizing each other up, and who think that 'big brother' is a thought provoking psychological experiment...I hate generalizing but unfortunately this makes up a hell of a lot of people in the UK...sort it out Britain.

But yeah 24hr licensing...woohoo !!

don`t forget that a year+ ago on the spot fines for being drunk and dissorderly was introduced, personaly I can`t think of better way to generate the much needed financial help that this current .gov needs!

I think it`s all rather bloody clever actualy :)

don`t forget that a year+ ago on the spot fines for being drunk and dissorderly was introduced' date=' personaly I can`t think of better way to generate the much needed financial help that this current .gov needs!

I think it`s all rather bloody clever actualy :)[/quote']

Good point, especially when we all know that 'britains beer culture' shows no signs of fading.

I leave you with this quote from a Viz T-shirt... 'a pint, a fight, a great British night.'

Yeah, hopefully the new licensing laws will curb the violence, by not forsing all the pissed townies out on the street at the same time.

but more than that, its a triumph of freedom and liberty over faschist dictatorship and cruel despotism.

Have to stop drinking and go home at 11 my arse. I'm drinking till i want to go home tonight :D

Ah i would be loving it but unfortunately only two pubs in walking distance from where I live were granted the licence and there both complete holes.

There the kinda places where you get STDs from just walking through the door.

God dammit, why give a licence to a pub which is in the chav district and coincedently full of chavs, its just asking for trouble.

Ah well at least sainsburys is open 24, yay.