Moon Ring

Moonmirror

This was strange

sorry about the cr*p picture

I saw it a few nights ago. Its ice crystals in the upper atomosphere. Funny thing is that an old tale says that if you count the stars inside the ring it will tell you how many days before the next storm. I counted one and it rained the next day. Cool.... :)

Bettina

Edit: Dang I hope this person isnt just a spammer...... Anyway don't go to his link.

What are you wrong about??

Everything.....When I first responded to your post and posted it, I went to moonmirror.com thinking it was something to do with the moon and at first had problems getting in. Then when I did, I saw it was for sale and I assumed you were a spammer.

Sorry for the wrong impression I had on you.... :rolleyes:

Bettina

I read something very interesting concerning the moon. I do not have a link since this was months ago. When the moon is at the horizon it is not uncommon for it to look larger to the eyes. But if one takes a picture of the larger looking moon, it willalways appear the regular size in the photograph.

I live in the UK Leicestershire' date=' we have had clear skys for 6 days now

very cold though[/quote']

Same where I live, its been perfect weather apart from the fact that its so cold in my house I can't feel my toes. But yea the moons been pretty bright recently, spent about two hours last night looking at it through my telescope.