zero point energy

BriVaps

http://www.spiritofmaat.com/announce/meg.htm

`its patented by the US patent office

yep' date=' complete load of crap. This device is simply not real... and definately doesn't do what they say it does.

We are announcing an event of historical nature. It occurred on March 26, 2002 — a day that will probably go down in history as being equally important to the quality of life on Planet Earth as that faraway, unknown moment when our ancestors discovered how to make fire.

How come I don't remember that day being significant at all?

I couldn't get the link to work.:-(

That is complete bullsh*t. It violates the law of conservation. Matter can niether be created nor destroyed. And, since E=MC^2, Matter=Energy=Matter.

Firstly, matter can indeed be created and destroyed, you are thinking of energy.

Secondly, you're assuming the "visible" Universe is a closed system. Can you prove this is so?;):)

I couldn't get the link to work.:-(

Firstly' date=' matter can indeed be created and destroyed, you are thinking of energy.

Secondly, you're assuming the "visible" Universe is a closed system. Can you prove this is so?;):)[/quote']

Our galaxy is an isolated system, so what happens on larger scales is not accessible to shape our technology.

Nevermore, did you mean to say particles make up matter and energy ?

its patented by the US patent office

Which doesn't mean jack. For example:

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=5,443,036.WKU.&OS=PN/5,443,036&RS=PN/5,443,036

A method for inducing cats to exercise consists of directing a beam of invisible light produced by a hand-held laser apparatus onto the floor or wall or other opaque surface in the vicinity of the cat, then moving the laser so as to cause the bright pattern of light to move in an irregular way fascinating to cats, and to any other animal with a chase instinct.

Which doesn't mean jack. For example:

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=5' date='443,036.WKU.&OS=PN/5,443,036&RS=PN/5,443,036[/quote']

I don't know what's worse - that the patent exists, or that there are nine other patents that reference it. But I like that one of the inventors is Amiss.