is the law of vibration true?

1 hour ago, knowledgeispower917 said:

Explain in your own words what this “law of vibration” is, please. Nobody is going to waste their time watching crappy YuoTube videos.

!

Moderator Note

It's against our rules to require anyone to watch a video or go offsite in order to participate in a discussion. Please give a summary of the concept you want to talk about.

ok from my understanding, it is the belief that everything is made of vibrating energy including thoughts and people and like energy attracts like energy so positive thoughts attract positive experiences and negative thoughts attract negative experiences. 

1 minute ago, knowledgeispower917 said:

ok from my understanding, it is the belief that everything is made of vibrating energy including thoughts and people and like energy attracts like energy so positive thoughts attract positive experiences and negative thoughts attract negative experiences. 

None of this *** has anything to do with quantum theory or the science of physics.

14 minutes ago, knowledgeispower917 said:

Boy, am I glad I didn't waste time watching the videos.

1 hour ago, knowledgeispower917 said:

Yeah, that’s called Quantum Woo and is the sort of nonsense that has made Deepak Chopra and similar charlatans rich. Science it is not.

There is a kind of kernel of truth behind it, inasmuch as the concept of zero point energy implies there is a sort of ineradicable residual motion in the ground states of bound systems. But only in bound systems and not necessarily vibration.

In physics, like electric charges and magnetic poles repel, rather than attracting. It is unlike charges and poles that attract.

Furthermore, just to put the tin hat on it, energy can’t vibrate. Energy is a property of a physical system. Certain types of system can vibrate and if they do there a mix of kinetic and potential energy in the system, due to the vibration.

So the whole thing is ballocks, I’m afraid. You can’t borrow concepts from physics and pretend they explain human behaviour.

Edited by exchemist

3 minutes ago, exchemist said:

the concept of zero point energy implies there is a sort of ineradicable residual motion in the ground states of bound systems

Is it a motion?

On 3/14/2024 at 10:47 PM, Bufofrog said:

Boy, am I glad I didn't waste time watching the videos.

I think the image of Nikola Tesla on the first video should be considered a big red flag as far as pseudoscience is concerned.

19 minutes ago, KJW said:

I think the image of Nikola Tesla on the first video should be considered a big red flag as far as pseudoscience is concerned.

This is my experience as well.

42 minutes ago, KJW said:

Indeed, as in fact is mention of “vibrations” [man]😁

With Tesla, it’s usually something to with magnets, though I was fascinated to learn, from a crank poster on this forum called Tom Booth, that Tesla also speculated about perpetual motion machines of the 2nd kind, capable of converting 100% of input heat to work.

On 3/14/2024 at 6:31 AM, knowledgeispower917 said:

!

Moderator Note

I have to move this out of Quantum Theory, but I really have no place to put it. Can you support an argument for this concept in Speculations? It's hard to see how you'd do it. I'll put it in the Lounge for now.

I also have to say that science discussion works SO much better when you stick to mainstream explanations. You seem to be looking for woo where reason and evidence are the usual standards. Lots of actual studies are available on the topic of thoughts affecting experiences.