How long before we have 3D printed organs?

nec209

There was a video I will have to see if I can find it, they are printing 3D organs like a liver or kidneys so on. This got me thinking like how long before doctors and scientists can use 3D printed organs to replace bad or dying organs in the body? Is this some thing 10 to 15 years out before they have 3D printed organs?

What are the problems holding them back? I thought one of major problems they had is how to connect every thing and supplying the blood and nutrients to the organ. 

It depends largely what we are talking about. Very simple (and somewhat thin) organs, like bladders might be in those timeline. But complex organs in which multiple tissues are involved in dynamic processes are still mostly at the dream stage. 

The strength of 3D bioprinting is really to create shapes, and even then the mechanical stability can be challenging. Making them move and do complicated stuff reliably, that is the really, really hard part.