Take this with a grain of salt

grayson

I have this personal counting system to help understand complex numbers and I want you to help me improve it. remember, this is not actual math, And I just made it to make sense of complex numbers. Here is what it is. they are called rational integers (don't get mad) So, for short, R-Integers, are just like actual numbers, but they are also complex numbers. They just work a bit differently from real numbers. So first, the way to write them is with a line under the number. So, r-1 would be 1. They are the same as normal numbers but multiplication is different. What you do is when you multiply them, you keep the first number the same, but the numbers after that, they are converted to decimal (so 31 would be .31). So 10^2 is equal to 1. Second rule! no matter if they are negative or not, the other numbers you are multiplying by convert to positive. So sqrt(-1) i equal to -10. I don't want to start an argument, I wan't peace so just remember, this is my personal project. Tell me how to improve it. Don't spark fire

also, i made a mistake. i is not -10, is is -102

It's hard to know how to improve something when it doesn't seem to do anything.

You start by claiming it's to help understand complex numbers, but "understanding" something by doing even more convoluted things with something adjacent to it, is counter-productive.

How about showing how you use this system? What's it for? What's it do?

20 hours ago, pzkpfw said:

It's hard to know how to improve something when it doesn't seem to do anything.

You start by claiming it's to help understand complex numbers, but "understanding" something by doing even more convoluted things with something adjacent to it, is counter-productive.

How about showing how you use this system? What's it for? What's it do?

Thank you for the feedback. The reason I created this is because I am trying to figure out the Riemann hypothesis. So I created this system to help "solidify" complex numbers. Thank you

I need a couple things. I know what happens when you multiply them, but what happens when you add them? what happens when youtake something to the power of a r-number? what happens when you add them. I wan't to see if you can do anything with them. But I need help first

I upvoted your comment too. I don't want to argue.

Okay, I will answer your question @pzkpfw. The R-integers (short for rational integers) don't always have to be integers. They just have to be anything 1 or greater (nothing between -1 and 1) I came to this realization after trying to find sqrt(-2) But sqrt(-1) is equal to -10 because, how I explained -10Is equal to -10 *0.10. sqrt(-2) is equal to an irrational number I think (I am not the most profound mathematician). So back on topic, if you want to convert it to a semi-real number, you can just say it is (n+i - 10). Which means 1 is equal to  i + 12. So now that I have figured out how to convert it into a number at the store, with some proof that it is a complex number; I hope that is good enough explanation

Another thing is if we take a fraction in-between -1 and 1. We might get undefined. BUT I think to fix this, we can make it inverse. Let me explain. 0.12 is equal to 0.1 times -1. Now, by averting all of the laws, we can make sense that if we have a number between -1 and 1, we can turn it back to an actual rational INTEGER (which in this case means any number but that) so a rational-ratio is Just averting the laws of rational-integers

11 hours ago, pzkpfw said:

What do you mean by "averting"?

Here, I will show you: any number between -1 and 1, instead of converting to positive, you convert to negative, and instead of converting to decimal form, you convert to integer form (make sure you pay attention how many zero's are after the one. It might not matter in regular math, but it does here) so if you have 0.102 that is 0.10 * -10. Get it?

59 minutes ago, iNow said:

The bat signal needs a bulb replacement 

Wow, very funny

okay, I have way more tricks up my sleeve. @studiot After "Analysis" of the math section, you reign supreme. So, read this topic. Then please help me with this. Okay, number one, what happens when you raise something to the power of an irrational integer? what does addition look like? what about division? (I would think it is just the opposite of multiplication but without the negative thing. (still positive)). I am also talking to you @Genady

Oh, my giant spaghetti monster. Can anyone help me?

6 hours ago, grayson said:

@Genady @TheVat Literally anyone! I need help with this!

I have passed your unique mythology of numbers on to Mr Von Daniken.  Though most believe it was Cardano who first proposed complex numbers, there is evidence that ancient alien astronauts may have shown them to Ezekiel.