Pyramid building theory

Justmustard

I’m not scientific so please excuse the dumbness but I’m sure one of you can easily put a firm stop to my wild theory. The pyramids seem almost impossible to build due to the weight of each block. It also amazes me how big dinosaurs were so has anyone considered that we could have possible had a lower gravity field which would’ve made it easier for pyramids to have been built and for larger animals to have existed??? Could a meteor hitting the earth have moved it off its original trajectory and made gravity stronger???? Please be gentle 

9 minutes ago, Justmustard said:

It also amazes me how big dinosaurs were so has anyone considered that we could have possible had a lower gravity field which would’ve made it easier for pyramids to have been built and for larger animals to have existed???

The large dinosaurs died out 65,000,000 years ago and the pyramids were built about 4,500 years ago.

There is no evidence that the gravity on the surface of the earth was any different in the past.

5 minutes ago, Justmustard said:

I’m not scientific so please excuse the dumbness but I’m sure one of you can easily put a firm stop to my wild theory. The pyramids seem almost impossible to build due to the weight of each block. It also amazes me how big dinosaurs were so has anyone considered that we could have possible had a lower gravity field which would’ve made it easier for pyramids to have been built and for larger animals to have existed??? Could a meteor hitting the earth have moved it off its original trajectory and made gravity stronger???? Please be gentle 

In science, we tend to make implicit use of a principle known as Ockham's Razor. This principle is that one should not introduce more complications into an explanation or theory than are strictly necessary to account for the observations. Entia non sunt multiplicanda sine necessitate , or equivalent. Postulating a change in gravity would seriously affect many aspects of physics, earth science and biology - and there would be plenty of evidence if it were true, which there is not.

Also, the "trajectory"  - I suppose you mean orbit -  of the earth has nothing to do with its gravity. Gravity is determined by the mass of the attracting body, the mass of the earth in this case.   

But what makes you think the weight of the blocks would be an insuperable problem for the pyramid builders? They could build ramps and pulley systems.  

37 minutes ago, Justmustard said:

we could have possible had a lower gravity field which would’ve made it easier for pyramids to have been built

But if gravity was weaker, our muscles would be weaker as well. It wouldn't make lifting a lighter block any easier.

41 minutes ago, Justmustard said:

Could a meteor hitting the earth have moved it off its original trajectory and made gravity stronger???? Please be gentle 

Our theories on gravity are a bit of a problem when trying to mesh them with other theories, but I think you'd find them fascinating. A meteor would only make the Earth's gravity stronger if it added to our mass.

1 hour ago, Justmustard said:

OK so you are a dreamer shooting the breeze.

Nothing wrong with that since you are asking for advice.

Firstly gravity.

Earth's gravity depends upon the mass of the Earth, not its orbit.

So unless the meteor combined with Earth (as Phi said) and it was a mighty big one gravity would not have altered.

BUT

The idea of something altering is not so far off.

You also mentioned the dinosaurs.

Yes they were big. So were the plants in those times.

W know from paleoclimatic data that the average temperatures were higher and there was much more of both oxygen and carbon dioxide about in those days.

Here is a quote from professor Beerling (Sheffield) in The Emerald Planet  -  Oxford University Press

giants.jpg.aa43330eca52dd9f73e50003dd9dbc53.jpg

So don't give up on having ideas, you may be right next time.

:)