Should Homeless Addicts Be Removed From Cities?

Alex_Krycek

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 7:01 PM, mistermack said:

If you ban eviction, you basically remove the option to rent for older people.

Possibly in countries such as the U.S..

If I had a house and was thinking of letting it, why would I accept a tenant aged over sixty, if I was just giving them licence to not pay the rent? 

That would be reasonable thinking in a capitalist country..

Here the landlords have adjusted it to have only a one-year contract with tenants.

Every year I have 70% of the neighbors in the building replaced.

This allows landlords to increase their bills every new year.

(If I were, being an landlord, and a human being, I would do the same)

And morally, you are putting the burden of homelessness on people who have done nothing to deserve it.

Nothing? If you buy a bunch of new apartments to rent out, you increase the price of the apartments on the market, which prevents others from buying (or renting) them at a lower price..

People are not stupid, they want some sort of security when they rent out a property, or they will simply not bother. 

..they should not buy too many apartments in the first place..

Do you know what it's like for IT programmers (with salaries like 10x the minimum salary here)?

They buy an apartment, rent it for a mortgage + some margin, and the whole investment is a perpetual motion..

Repeat. Multiple times..

I ask the guy - why on earth, you buy yet another apartment for which you get monthly less than you earn in a day of programming, instead of investing in creating your own IT company..

I think it would be better if the government creates buildings for people.. "public housing".. no rents, no evictions, no homelessness..

The problem is with people, industry, greed..

The government passes everything (in some countries), or almost everything (in other countries) to private companies. They just give the money (your tax money) and expect results. This is a great way for them to steal government (i.e. your) money for each party.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public–private_partnership

It doesn't matter if it's the construction of highways, buildings, health care, military, etc.

Often, the same commodity sold in the normal market (to "the person on the street") costs less that the government pays for it through "public-private partnerships"..

To me this is some kind of joke or parody..

If I order the construction of 100 buildings and pay in advance, and the land is mine, I should be treated like a king.. i.e. get a discount instead of being robbed..

If the government orders something, especially in large quantities, from a commercial company, it should cost much less than if John Doe, straight from the street, got the company to do the same things..

If there are too many inquiries, the cement factory raises the price,

If there are too many inquiries, the brick factory raises the price,

etc. etc.

and the entire budget of the company that wins the race to the government contract is screwed up..

If the cement plant has more demand for electricity, the power plant raises the price.. ;)

How to go bankrupt here (from a businessman's point of view) is well known knowledge, get a contract with the government..

You get a contract for X to supply Y, and then in the middle of the time of everything prices went up and X^2 may not be enough..

ps. In Russia, it is corrupted in a different way.

ps2. In China, it is corrupted in a yet another different way.