Some ancient philosopher / Scientists

Saber

5 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

At the time of those writings the sun and moon were considered planets, but the earth was not and some even counted venus and mercury twice as evening and morning stars. We know now that the sun and moon are not planets and that mercury and venus are only one planet not four. I'm not seeing anything profound in the poetry than can be interpreted as accurate discriptions of the heavens. What was the definition of planets at the time is also important, if I understand correctly only objects that moved against the background of stars counted but now days we only count 8 planets. I'm not sure if there is a definition of planet that would suggest only 9 objects are planets. 

Nice one Moon. +1

2 hours ago, Genady said:

It doesn't matter how they are classified. The point that pertains to this thread is that the number of 'planets' known today is not 9.

You  know   the fact that  today  they  dont recognize   Pluto  as one is right  but    in my  opinion the other  dwarf  planets  are  not  as  planet  as  Pluto  is   concidering  size  and   proximity  to sun  

And  yes  of coarse i  do  know  that  the  scientific  community  doesnt  care  how  i  think.....

And  about  Rumi    saying   the 9  planets   in the sky   maybe   he  was  considering the  Sun & the Moon  as  two   as well and  not  counting  others...Or  the   one  Mr. Genady  mentioned in a   post  (  the Dantes  9  sphears  of  heaven ) ..........

13 minutes ago, iNow said:

That’s not hard to change. You might start by fixing your program that adds space 

The bugs that  add  space +  dots  are in  my  mind........its been  developed from  2007-08  that  times   im  working  on them thought   you  know ........they  were  pretty  worse back  hen  and im trying to make them less in the future.........

6 hours ago, Saber said:

You  know   the fact that  today  they  dont recognize   Pluto  as one is right  but    in my  opinion the other  dwarf  planets  are  not  as  planet  as  Pluto  is   concidering  size  and   proximity  to sun  

NASA considers Pluto to be a Planet and says so many times in this article.

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/dwarf-planets/pluto/in-depth/

There was discussion of the status of Pluto presented in their New Horizon's video, which as I recall, came down on the side of planet, dwarf or otherwise.

Of course if we discount dwarf planets as being planets the not only are we not speaking English, but we must also discount giant planets , such as Jupiter.

What a daft situation.