So it took two pounds of baloney to find the theoretical physics community's raw nerve

Glancer

1 hour ago, Glancer said:

QM and GR actually do make sense if you look at them without all the baggage.

48 minutes ago, Glancer said:

There is one necessary characteristic that a quantum gravity theory needs.  But you physics theorists can't seem to figure it out.  Even though established physics gives you lots and lots of clues.

Please, do tell us.

I gave you an early alert that you need to up your game. This is a good chance for you to start making some sense. Getting on the nerves of people is certainly no way to push your arguments forward.

I find your first statement surprisingly bold. QM and GR have proven to be extremely difficult to reconcile so far, if not impossible. The only ways I've heard of to make sense of quantum corrections to all levels and include gravity are superstrings, LQG, and MHV amplitudes. MHV makes next-to-impossible calculations actually doable. The problem is you lose track of explicit Lorentz invariance and locality.

And, of course, you need to devise experimental techniques to ramp up the energies of the experiments to Planck scale.

Please, tell us also about that one necessary characteristic for a sensible theory of quantum gravity. For dramatic effect, you can use the spoiler function, like this,

Q: What is the one characteristic that a quantum theory needs?

A:

Spoiler

Some alien input

I'm looking forward to your illuminating answers.

1 hour ago, Glancer said:

The answer to what spacetime is made of is right in front of  you, but (and I don't want to hurt your feelings), there is a bunch of junk that has been dumped on top of Modern Physics (which is correct).  All the stuff about superstrings, LQG and MWI is total garbage told to you by a priesthood of mathematicians who just want to control you.

Modern physics, GR, SR, QM, particle physics, Standard model, are all correct. 

Superstrings and loops are garbage.  There is a problem built into those theories that completely falsifies them.

There is only one way to interpret QM and GR.  You interpret them in a way that leads to a Quantum Gravity theory that, in turn, leads to warp field generators. 

Anything else is just shoving garbage into your brain.

If you had the intelligence, you would challenge my ideas; not deduct points from me like some feckless theorist with no imagination.

marcus.jpg