Define Time

Steven Batha

May someone please logically define time for me without mysticism nor convolution. I am confused. How do we measure time? If we measure time with distance then do measure distance with time? Isn't that circular logic? What is Wavelength? How do we convert between us (Earthling) and them (others born outside our solar system and use different units)? Time and Distance are both tangible nouns, they may be measured (touched).... right? Are they ideal nouns that cannot be measured and touched?

Please define it for me. I am lost.

1 minute ago, Steven Batha said:

May someone please logically define time for me without mysticism nor convolution. I am confused. How do we measure time? If we measure time with distance then do measure distance with time? Isn't that circular logic? What is Wavelength? How do we convert between us (Earthling) and them (others born outside our solar system and use different units)? Time and Distance are both tangible nouns, they may be measured (touched).... right? Are they ideal nouns that cannot be measured and touched?

Please define it for me. I am lost.

I did not take much notice of your earlier threads as you started with too much and too complicated material.

So I welcome this fresh start   +1 for a nice compact introduction to your question.

In Mathematics you can define (choose) all sorts of variables.

Many of these are not (very) useful.

Science uses maths a great deal and gives the name 'time' to a particular variable it finds exceedingly useful.

Useful in formulae, expressions and equations.

Measurement of time is a separate subject and I would recommend a 2022 book by New York Physicist, Chad Orzel

"A Brief History of Timekeeping"

Chad opens the book by discussing the question "what is time ?" and may be to your liking   - It contains much fascinating material.

By all means carry on this discussion here if you like the start we have now made.

:)

This was a trick question.

Time is a tangible noun with repeating change (electromagnetic wave). Time is NOT Second.

Distance is a tangible noun with no change (electromagnetic waves). Distance is NOT meter.

What would happen if time went distance? Distance went to time?

What is wavelength (spatial distance)?

A SQUARE IS NOT A RECTANGLE.

Time travel does not exist. The past will always remain a History. The future will always remain Mystery.

I have deduced Energy Minimum and Maximum but will require a basic understanding of geometry, time, distance, linguistics, modern physics, and LOGIC.

Logic birthed Mathematics. Mathematics birthed all other Sciences.

Science = Creations of the MIND

Art = Creations of the BODY

Metronome, pattern, frequency, period, watch, clock, revolution, rhythm, time, etcetara.

What do they all have in common? Deduce it.

!

Moderator Note

Too bad this was asked in bad faith. Now it can't stay in the mainstream sections, and there's really no place to put it since you refuse to support your conjectures with evidence of any kind. Hand waving isn't enough here, so I'm just going to throw this in the Trash. This is a science discussion forum, not your blog.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.