Time travel idea

Heizen

Please bare in mind, whatever follows is not based on facts and it is all just some idea I thought of while reading some experiment. I am no scientist or have any degree in general science. Only computer science. ;)

Anyway here goes.

So today I was busy reading this article that explained how you could simulate time travel by using a string and 3 people to simulate the pull effect of matter and how it will influence observers attached to that string. (you can google for the article "Step by Step Instructions for How to Build a Time Machine in Your Office in 30 Seconds").

Now, this made me think... If you could create a bubble of entangled particles around yourself. The opposite side of the entangled particles will be bound to some physical object on earth that has been there for however long back you wish to travel (so it must at least exists in the time you wish to travel back to). Once inside of this bubble, you need to be able to freeze the particles you are inside of to negative Kelvin... (yes, I know basically 0 Kelvin is theoretically impossible). But this would cause the particles you are contained inside of to tick negatively compared to their entangled particle and should make you move back in time...

This is probably a totaly crazy idea and probably has a pluthora of problems. But I thought putting it in the public space MIGHT help someone out there build on this idea and it might become something (or nothing).

3 hours ago, Heizen said:

If you could create a bubble of entangled particles around yourself. The opposite side of the entangled particles will be bound to some physical object on earth that has been there for however long back you wish to travel (so it must at least exists in the time you wish to travel back to).

And how would you bind all these particles in an entangled state? I'm somewhat familiar with entangling photons in a conservation of angular momentum situation to ensure that their polarization is correlated with each other. Does the binding relate to time wrt both sets of particles? 

3 hours ago, Heizen said:

Once inside of this bubble, you need to be able to freeze the particles you are inside of to negative Kelvin... (yes, I know basically 0 Kelvin is theoretically impossible).

It's not impossible theoretically, it's impossible by definition. Absolute zero marks the point where there is no thermal activity, where no motion is caused by temperature, and it's the start of the Kelvin scale for that reason. How could you go below "no motion"?

Also, it's "bear" in mind, not "bare", and "plethora" instead of "pluthora". Just sayin'. And I've probably just guaranteed that I've made a spelling or grammar error somewhere in my post. Skitt's Law. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2022 at 4:57 PM, Heizen said:

Please bare in mind, whatever follows is not based on facts and it is all just some idea I thought of while reading some experiment. I am no scientist or have any degree in general science. Only computer science. ;)

Anyway here goes.

So today I was busy reading this article that explained how you could simulate time travel by using a string and 3 people to simulate the pull effect of matter and how it will influence observers attached to that string. (you can google for the article "Step by Step Instructions for How to Build a Time Machine in Your Office in 30 Seconds").

Now, this made me think... If you could create a bubble of entangled particles around yourself. The opposite side of the entangled particles will be bound to some physical object on earth that has been there for however long back you wish to travel (so it must at least exists in the time you wish to travel back to). Once inside of this bubble, you need to be able to freeze the particles you are inside of to negative Kelvin... (yes, I know basically 0 Kelvin is theoretically impossible). But this would cause the particles you are contained inside of to tick negatively compared to their entangled particle and should make you move back in time...

This is probably a totaly crazy idea and probably has a pluthora of problems. But I thought putting it in the public space MIGHT help someone out there build on this idea and it might become something (or nothing).

I totally agree with you. Totally incredible posting! Loads of valuable data and motivation.

On 5/27/2022 at 4:57 PM, Heizen said:

Anyway here goes.

Now, this made me think... If you could create a bubble of entangled particles around yourself. The opposite side of the entangled particles will be bound to some physical object on earth that hbble, you need to be able to freeze the particles you are inside of to negative Kelvin... (yes, I know basically 0 Kelvin is theoretically impossible). But this would cause tas been there for however long back you wish to travel (so it must at least exists in the time you wish to travel back to). Once inside of this buhe particles you are contained inside of to tick negatively compared to their entangled particle and should make you move back in time...

coming here to say that Your info helps me a lot. Thanks once again dear for sharing.

Edited by Georgeleo650