Ideas for things to add

I think that there should be a few more smilies.

I guess it might detract from the semi-formal manner of this forum.

But i find them a great tool to expressing mood or ideas.

Would you be open to any suggestions for new smilies.

I think it would be fun to make some in Photoshop. LOL

well thanks for your time. :D

I like active smilies. Is there a way to animate them so eyes bulge and return. The tongue actually sticks out. Put a long haired, bearded, balding, old fart on there (me).

Just;) aman:cool:

Yes there is a way to do that. I belive that the standard smilies extention is .gif ( at least on vBullitin) that means that you can use a gif animation program to make an animated picture(smily) frame by frame. some even do most of the work. LOL

I appreciate your explanations cus although I used to be king of the hill as far as new chips and equipment at Rockwell, I got away from edge electronics, language, and the net cus I was doing farm electronics. The latest sensors in grain dryers and computer controls besides everything mechanical that can go wrong and need to be fixed.

Still three years is the limit for being away and the job market claims your a total loss. Your to far behind. Today its probably one year. It's an active world and I've spent a lot of time catching up. I can use all the help I can get, so thanks. I'm getting there and I've stayed up on a lot of the other fields and have a lot of contacts so maybe we can be patient all around.

Just aman:cool: :cool:

Wow farm electronics sound like fun (I'm not joking). Being able to help people keep farms and being able to make new technology. Sounds great!

Thankyou for being so kind, if you need any help catching up just ask. I like helping, I could do it for a profession. Any time, well if i'm online. LOL

-----------------------------

Laugh a laugh of a thousand years, its good for you!

:P:D

I'd rather have hair like Ahnold, but what the hell. Here in Nebraska we all wear baseball caps.

I've got a picture on my computer and I just started working on linking it but I am a monkey in a room full of full of piano strings and only one is connected to the banana.

Thanks fer bein allright. <-- Thats Nebraskan.

Just aman

Shooting has stopped on T3: Rise of the Machines, because their "most expensive car chase ever filmed" sequence broke their budget.

That explains why aman is here and not on set.

Incidentally, Matrix Reloaded is also claimed to feature the "most expensive car chase ever filmed".

I can't help but feel that the Matrix crew are putting this claim forward because it is similar to one of the anticipated sequences of Star Trek: Nemesis. However where they fall down is that Nemesis features an original and imaginitive chase sequence. Which will be fun.

Anyway, this isn't at all relevant so far...

Yes, the smilies could be changed simply by altering the .gif files (or replacing them altogether). You could add new smilies but some editing of the PHP source code would be required.

If anyone is thinking of making new smilies could they please let me know? I am looking for a stylish and original set for one of my sites. I'd do them myself but the scripts are taking up all of my time.

TY :)

Originally posted by fafalone

Don't need to do anything complicated, new smilies can just be uploaded and added through the admin control panel. Send them to blike.

You mean vBulletin actually upgraded this thing? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...