The Politics of War Repeats Itself

deepend

Of course I am speaking of the Russian invasion of the Ukraine.  Most wars have been fought for the same reason.  It is one group trying to take what another group has.  It is no different with Russia's invasion of the Ukraine.  Because the Ukraine has much that Russia would like to have easier access to.  One of which is that the Ukraine produces more food than any other European country.  Oh how right George Santayana was when he said, "Only the dead have seen the end of war."

27 minutes ago, deepend said:

Of course I am speaking of the Russian invasion of the Ukraine.  Most wars have been fought for the same reason.  It is one group trying to take what another group has.  It is no different with Russia's invasion of the Ukraine.  Because the Ukraine has much that Russia would like to have easier access to.  One of which is that the Ukraine produces more food than any other European country.  Oh how right George Santayana was when he said, "Only the dead have seen the end of war."

Good post but it might be best to take away your thread, and add it to someone else's.

Edited by J.C.MacSwell

22 minutes ago, Peterkin said:

There may be one or two or three other reasons. Due diligence takes time and effort, but it's never wasted.

I spoke of the main reason.  None of the others compare.  But feel free to mention the "other reasons" if you want to.

6 minutes ago, deepend said:

I spoke of the main reason.  None of the others compare.  But feel free to mention the "other reasons" if you want to.

Much like with trolls on Internet forums like this, it’s often as simple as mommy didn’t love them enough.