Perverts 'R' Us

ku

From http://www.alexfridman.com/sexuality/essays/short/5.html

Extreme perversion is widespread now. The mediums of sex fantasy are unimaginably large today. Arguably the internet is the biggest channel for unrestricted exploration of our desires. On the internet, a person can become a whole different being. A shy overweight middle-aged man could become a sexy confident young guy looking for a one-night stand. Of course, such possibilities are rarely left unabused. I can type in “bestiality” in a search engine and receive thousands of sites that contain thousands of pictures of women having sex with animals.

So the question is: “Is this kind of free explorations of our fantasies healthy for our minds?”

What do you think?

All the things you can find on the internet that are perverse have been practiced for thousands of years. pre-internet it was hushed up and only a small group of people would know about the activities for fear of being found out. now we have the internet they can have websites about wat they are doing and people who have never known about such practices can find out about them and possible start practicing them with their partner. dunno about it bering good for the mind or anything like that.

"Mains electricity is in nearly every household' date=' it`s up to you if you stick your finger in the socket!"

YT2095, (10 seconds ago)[/quote']

Good point. I think people need to concentrate more on developing character in themselves and in their children than trying to eliminate the means to obtain potentially harmful things (disregarding obvious things like keeping chemical poisons out of the reach of young children).

• 2 weeks later...

The internet in my opinion is a poor base for human interaction of any kind other then a few specific roles such as education, and even then iffy. Why? Well I think we are forgetting the major part of us that most people deny.. our animal side! Why do I mention this? Well when reading text, you are left with your own mind to fill in many blanks. Tone of voice, body language, facial expressions, and stance. These play an extremely important role in our animalistic side when communicating with another human. Its called "body language" and its just as important in my opinion as oral language.

For instance, when we are aggressive, our faces come forward in a scowl. This can be seen in many species of mammals. When scared, the face shrinks back, much like many other mammals. This is just one example of the myriad of signs we use subconciously from our evolutionary past. Now, if you simply throw all that away and simply use your higher thinking as a medium of communication, as we did with internet chatrooms, fantasys and false presumptions can and will be made. There is no way for genetics to catch up anytime soon (as in hundreds of thousands of years).

Hope that explained another part of the story. :)

The internet in my opinion is a poor base for human interaction of any kind other then a few specific roles such as education, and even then iffy. Why? Well I think we are forgetting the major part of us that most people deny.. our animal side! Why do I mention this? Well when reading text, you are left with your own mind to fill in many blanks. Tone of voice, body language, facial expressions, and stance. These play an extremely important role in our animalistic side when communicating with another human. Its called "body language" and its just as important in my opinion as oral language.

It is for exactly this reason that the internet can be potentially very dangerous. When we see events, or actions on the screen we only get a small section of the spectrum of senses and emotions that are experienced by the people involved. This can lead to misrepresentation of what is actually happening due to the detachment from reality that this medium provides.

Since Yt2095 is going to point out that the above is just my opinion. Here is an example of why i hold this opinion (yes it is only an opinion i don't claim it to be more).

I once saw a video of a guy falling of a skateboard and breaking his leg is spectacular fashion. It made me cringe but i still watched it a quite a few times. Why? Because besides looking brutally painful it was also kind of amusing (anyone who watches "funniest home vidoes" will also know that seeing people hurt themselves is a form of entertainment). However i have wittnessed people being hit by cars, breaking bones, heard tendons snap, and when i am actually present at the event it is NEVER funny. The one thing that never comes across the screen is the rush of adrenalin and the rising of bile in the back of your throat.

From http://www.alexfridman.com/sexuality/essays/short/5.html

Extreme perversion is widespread now. The mediums of sex fantasy are unimaginably large today. Arguably the internet is the biggest channel for unrestricted exploration of our desires. On the internet' date=' a person can become a whole different being. A shy overweight middle-aged man could become a sexy confident young guy looking for a one-night stand. Of course, such possibilities are rarely left unabused. I can type in “bestiality” in a search engine and receive thousands of sites that contain thousands of pictures of women having sex with animals.

So the question is: “Is this kind of free explorations of our fantasies healthy for our minds?”

What do you think?[/quote']

Our so-called president thinks that it is a major achievement to literally pound sand with bombs in a war that is over oil, which he has just admitted. People discuss blowing things and people up in daily conversation. They saturate their entertainment with lewd forms of death, and it becomes even lewder when, for example, CSI discusses finding a white substance in the stomach of one murder victim that turns out to be scotch whiskey mixed with milk, but then they say some things that actually are sexually lewd. They mix sex with violence on television, even with the so-called bounds of decency, to the extent that in many minds sex must be some form of violence, no matter what mysterious and magical things that mind has to do to square that away.

Is anyone else here aware that the Marquis de Sade had a terrible hatred of war? Well, the gods of war hated him, too. The man was the Kinsey of his time and he would have documented much more of human sexuality than he did if he had simply had enough paper. I would like to go back in time with a bunch of ballpoint pens and spiral notebooks and hire him for a year, or just bring him to the 21st century and teach him how to use a word processor.

The free explorations of our fantasies are definitely healthy for our minds. There will be a certain amount of time driving out the demons of ignorance and stupidity (thank Dogbert for some help with that!), but on the other side is knowledge, a more functional mind, more freedom, and less fear. The downside is that people really, really hate that.

Thomas Kirby you raise some very good points. I especially like the implicate reference that your president is of the same calibre as CSI :D . I have to raise a note of disagreement with regards to "free exploitations of fantasies" surely you can't think that censorship should be completely done away with. Guidance is essential to human development, for example an act of sexual intercourse is different for a person in the throws of puberty when compared to an experienced adult who understands the physical and emotional fallout attached to such acts.

Yeah, like these days you can find an experienced adult who "understands" anything.

It's not like our minds don't get pretty free exploration of our violent fantasies, even if at least some of this is in fiction. What is outrageous is forcing people to believe that any sort of sexuality is somehow harmful and only to be indulged in for purposes of reproduction. It is outrageous to censor information. I don't think that censorship has any real wordly use. Real information tends to clear up cloudy perceptions. Censorship muddies perceptions and is usually used as a tool to confuse and manipulate people.

Ok you look at somehtign on the screen you dont really feel nothing, this can make stupid kids see how to make home made bombs and they dont know the harm that it can do, this kids do not know whats happening because they dont feel this things? perhaps the internet is a dangerous place, only idiots can be made to do bad things tough, there should be a law to keep regular morongs off internet, That way all the inapropriate sites will be seen by only the select few(me) :eek: lol kidding internet is dangerous place for young young people and should be monitored because bad people can influence young minds into doing bad things or basically make them into a bad person for the rest of their lives :cool:

actually i learned most of my knowledge about how to make bombs off of my chemistry teacher in 3rd year at highschool. and most of the textbooks since 1st year. since then its been experience. if you took away the internet people would still find perversions and how to make bombs and maybe turn into bad people. the internet is more like a catalyst than a source. And remember, a catalyst can work both ways and produce good people as well.