The green book

studiot

The UK government have updated 'The Green Book' with chapter 14a which provides reliable information about Covid vaccines and vaccination proceedures.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/941450/Greenbook_chapter_14a_v2.pdf

Bote the grren book itself is a good source of information on vaccines in general.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/immunisation-against-infectious-disease-the-green-book

Thanks!

For both vaccines there is a 'minimum' time recommended between the first and second dose. Does anyone know if there is any advantage (or disadvantage) to waiting longer than the minimum suggested time before receiving the second dose? It was not clear to me from the linked document.

26 minutes ago, zapatos said:

Thanks!

For both vaccines there is a 'minimum' time recommended between the first and second dose. Does anyone know if there is any advantage (or disadvantage) to waiting longer than the minimum suggested time before receiving the second dose? It was not clear to me from the linked document.

The idea of booster shots is to re-immunize  after the initial response goes down. If applied too early the issue is that either it does not prolong immunity and in some cases can result in hypersensitivity in rare cases. Waiting too long can also result in reduced level of protection if the priming effect wears off. I suspect that the time is what has been used during the trials as I suspect there was not enough time to optimize the interval.