Are you atheist?

kirishima666

6 minutes ago, Dis n Dat said:

There is a God called Ayyanayaka, and it is very known that the villagers intentionally invented this God who lives in a special looking tree. 

So, you're suggesting this applies to all them I listed (and the others too numerous to list)? Wouldn't this be an example of the very composition fallacy of which you continue accusing me and others?

6 minutes ago, Dis n Dat said:

The idea that because some concepts were made up does not mean all of them are false.

Correct, and nobody here was suggesting otherwise so yet again you're forced to resort to strawmen to bolster your weak case. 

Edited by iNow

59 minutes ago, Dis n Dat said:

See, you cannot reason by saying "though I don't have evidence it does not mean it's not true" and go on to have faith in a matter you can't provide evidence for. 

No, that’s not a fair summary of my posts, and there’s no faith involved here.

I provided evidence of thousands of deities. I provided reasoning that supports iNow’s claim.

I notice that you are not providing any evidence to counter what I have provided, or showing any flaw in the reasoning.

Anyway, even if there are a million concepts of God, "that does not mean does not exist".

You’re moving the goalposts. This is about whether people believe these gods exist. 

Same reasoning as yours swansont. It's not good reasoning to provide as evidence for the existence of God. 

We’re not discussing evidence for the existence of any god, we’re discussing evidence of belief.

What is your epistemology? Are you a rationalist, empiricist, what is your stance?

How is this relevant?

2 minutes ago, iNow said:

So, you're suggesting this applies to all them I listed (and the others too numerous to list)? Wouldn't this be an example of the very composition fallacy of which you accused me?

No. I am not suggesting anything of the sort. I am only saying that you are making a composition fallacy. 

3 minutes ago, iNow said:

Correct, and nobody here was suggesting otherwise so again you're forced to resort to strawmen to make your weak case. 

OK. 

1 minute ago, swansont said:

No, that’s not a fair summary of my posts, and there’s no faith involved here.

I provided evidence of thousands of deities. I provided reasoning that supports iNow’s claim.

I notice that you are not providing any evidence to counter what I have provided, or showing any flaw in the reasoning.

I didnt provide evidence to anything I didnt claim. 

2 minutes ago, swansont said:

We’re not discussing evidence for the existence of any god, we’re discussing evidence of belief.

1 hour ago, Dis n Dat said:

Someone's belief somewhere could be true. 

If I misunderstood your original claim I apologise. 

Cheers. 

Just now, Dis n Dat said:

No. I am not suggesting anything of the sort. I am only saying that you are making a composition fallacy. 

The text is there for all to see. This is a lie.

Yes, you've suggested I'm making a composition fallacy.

You've ALSO plainly stated that (and I quote): "Some concepts were definitely invented" as a DIRECT response to my request for clarification regarding whether you believe those countless other gods are real or invented. 

17 minutes ago, Dis n Dat said:

Nope. Some concepts were definitely invented. But that's not evidence that all were invented. That's a composition fallacy.

It’s about belief. If you don’t believe in a god, can that god be real, as far as you’re concerned?

It’s about belief. If you don’t believe in a god, can that god be real, as far as you’re concerned?

Sure. It could be. Even if everyone on earth disbelieve in God, God could still exist. Or as you said "real".

The text is there for all to see. This is a lie.

Yes, you've suggested I'm making a composition fallacy.

You've ALSO plainly stated that (and I quote): "Some concepts were definitely invented" as a DIRECT response to my request for clarification regarding whether you believe those countless other gods are real or invented. 

Yes I did say that. I even gave you an example. So some concepts were invented, but that does not mean all were. 

2 minutes ago, Dis n Dat said:

So some concepts were invented

Where is your evidence of this? Your one single anecdotal mention sadly doesn't rise to that threshold

Unless you'd like to revise your claim and instead say ONE concept was invented?

5 minutes ago, Dis n Dat said:

I didnt provide evidence to anything I didnt claim. 

I’m not interested in the evidence you didn’t provide to things you didn’t claim. I’m interested in you providing evidence of things you did claim: namely that my reasoning is flawed, or that my claim that thousands of deities exist is incorrect.

5 minutes ago, Dis n Dat said:

Sure. It could be. Even if everyone on earth disbelieve in God, God could still exist. Or as you said "real".

If everyone on earth disbelieved in God, then they would all be atheistic. It would be their collective belief that God was invented.

The existence is beside the point. It’s irrelevant. 

1 minute ago, Dis n Dat said:

It's a logical argument mate. 

As was mine when you demanded evidence of mine. Why is it sufficient for you to apply logic and reason but not me, instead demanding my claims rise to a higher threshold of support? Special pleading again? 

3 minutes ago, swansont said:

I’m not interested in the evidence you didn’t provide to things you didn’t claim. I’m interested in you providing evidence of things you did claim: namely that my reasoning is flawed, or that my claim that thousands of deities exist is incorrect.

I didn't make any claim like that. 

As i have said, the reasoning that because a lot of God concepts were made up by men, that does not mean God doesnt exist. That's a fallacy of composition. 

If you didn't make that claim, as I said, I apologise. If you do think this, then your reasoning is flawed. It's logically fallacious. 

Just now, iNow said:

As was mine when you demanded evidence of mine.

See, can you provide even one piece of evidence to your claim?

I did. 

At least one. 

can you provide even one piece of evidence to your claim?

Evidence of what, specifically? That most people don't today believe Odin created the universe?

Or that Zeus is real?

You're not making much sense. 

20 hours ago, Dis n Dat said:

I didn't make any claim like that. 

Seriously?

20 hours ago, Dis n Dat said:

As i have said, the reasoning that because a lot of God concepts were made up by men, that does not mean God doesnt exist. That's a fallacy of composition. 

Which has nothing to do with iNow’s claim. This thread is about being atheist. Not whether God exists.

4 minutes ago, Dis n Dat said:

the reasoning that because a lot of God concepts were made up by men, that does not mean God doesnt exist

Swansont has clearly pushed back against this claim confirming nobody here is claiming this... it's irrelevant to the actual discussion taking place, so again reading comprehension appears to be a problem for you.

Is that your claim? 

No, it is not. You asked me for evidence. I'm willing to offer it, but only after you clarify... Evidence for what, specifically?

Edited by iNow

Which has nothing to do with iNow’s claim.

My bad. 

1 minute ago, iNow said:

Swansont has clearly pushed back against this claim confirming nobody here is claiming this

I have said many many times that if this is not his original claim, I apologise. ;) 

No, it is not. You asked me for evidence. I'm willing to offer it, but only after you clarify... Evidence for what, specifically?

Please tell me. Is the definition of "atheism", disbelieving in some Gods or most Gods? Is that being an atheist? 

2 minutes ago, Dis n Dat said:

Is the definition of "atheism", disbelieving in some Gods or most Gods? Is that being an atheist? 

Without any qualifiers or limiting criteria on the comment? No, that's not a definition to which I subscribe.

However, my comments here have clearly and repeatedly mentioned... in context of those 99% of dead gods laying in the graveyard of human mythology people are atheistic... so here AGAIN you're moving the goal posts and strawmanning my actual stance.

It's boring. You seem to be a reasonably smart individual, but your arguments and apparent reading comprehension is so extremely bad that I find myself questioning that with each new post you make.  

My offer stands to present my position in crayons to help you better grasp it. 

1 minute ago, iNow said:

Without any qualifiers or limiting criteria on the comment? No, that's not a definition to which I subscribe.

However, my comments here have clearly and repeatedly mentioned... in context of those 99% of dead gods laying in the graveyard of human mythology people are atheistic... so here AGAIN you're moving the goal posts and strawmanning my actual stance.

It's boring. You seem to be a reasonably smart individual, but your arguments and apparent reading comprehension is so extremely bad that I find myself questioning that with each new post you make.  

My offer stands to present my position in crayons to help you better grasp it. 

I did not claim that you made that exact statement. I asked a question. Ignoring your attempts at insults for what ever personal reason you have, you have answered my question so thanks. 

Cheers. 

I asked a question.

You also demanded evidence.

You also kept moving the goal posts.

You also kept accusing others of composition fallacies.

You also kept posting strawmen and demanding support of things others didn't say. 

You also couldn't seem to comprehend the comments people were posting despite multiple corrections and clarifications.

You did "ask a question," but let's be 100% clear here: You did lots of other things, too.

Would it perhaps be helpful if I recommended a qualified reading remediation and/or speech therapist in your area?

you have answered my question so thanks.

I know I have, and you're welcome. 

Edited by iNow

3 minutes ago, iNow said:

You also demanded evidence.

I always ask for evidence to claims made. Always. 

4 minutes ago, iNow said:

You also kept moving the goal posts.

You also kept accusing others of composition fallacies.

You also kept posting strawmen and demanding support of things others didn't say. 

You also couldn't seem to comprehend the comments people were posting despite multiple corrections and clarifications.

You did "ask a question," but let's be 100% clear here: You did lots of other things, too.

Would it perhaps be helpful if I recommended a qualified reading remediation and/or speech therapist in your area?

Thanks for the generalisation, but I said I asked a question in that instance. Not throughout the whole thread. 

4 minutes ago, iNow said:

I know I have, and you're welcome. 

Thanks. 

Evidence for what? 

That more than ONE concept of god was invented. You said SOME, and provided evidence of ONE.

1 hour ago, Dis n Dat said:

Some concepts were definitely invented.

But I care less about that and more about why YOU choose to not believe in Odin, Zeus, Apollo, Dionysus, Poseidon, Anubis, Osiris, Ra, Loki, Freya, Jupiter, Pluto, Quetzalcoatl, Xmucane, Xpiacocre, and all the countless others.

Where is your evidence supporting that lack of belief? That's the claim you keep making of others, after all. 

13 minutes ago, iNow said:

That more than ONE concept of god was invented. You said SOME, and provided evidence of ONE.

Kali. Is cited in Jathaka story of Veren Vera. Jathaka stories are all made up. 

Lilith is a God that sleeps with men if you sleep face down. Lilith is created because there is no basis in the Bible. 

Sahasas is a God that has a 1000 eyes. He was a player and slept with a powerful priests wife and he cursed him to have a 1000 vaginas on the body. Then another powerful person turned all of them into eyes. This God cut the rope of sticks a woman tied on her stomach to pretend the Buddha made her pregnant. This is written in the Atthakatha of the Tipitaka. Atthakatha are made up stories that explains particular verses. Sahasas is made up. 

In India there was a man who made a statue of Donald Trump and worshiped him as God. This concept of God is made up. 

Sorry if I am offending anyone, but Sai Baba claims to be God, but he got caught doing a trick pretending it's magic and the video is on youtube. This concept of God is made up.