Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
h20

Responses to Modnote (split from Valve connected to the cloud make sense?)

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Strange said:

So, effectively, you are using "portable" to denote low cost, ease of use, simple installation, etc.

Well, good luck. It is not always easy developing and marketing a new product but it should be valuable experience.

You are right! I think i need a new post asking where to get funding for ideas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, h20 said:

You are right! I think i need a new post asking where to get funding for ideas

!

Moderator Note

Not here! We don't allow advertising of any kind. Please find a better site to promote your new business. Use us for science discussion only, please.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Phi for All said:
!

Moderator Note

Not here! We don't allow advertising of any kind. Please find a better site to promote your new business. Use us for science discussion only, please.

 

Why are you censoring my post? the conversation led to this point and i wasnt the one giving my idea the orientation of business, review your bot its doing weird things!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, h20 said:

Why are you censoring my post?

Learn what censorship is.

2 minutes ago, h20 said:

the conversation led to this point and i wasnt the one giving my idea the orientation of business, review your bot its doing weird things!

!

Moderator Note

DON'T START A POST ABOUT FUNDRAISING FOR YOUR IDEA.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Learn what censorship is.

!

Moderator Note

DON'T START A POST ABOUT FUNDRAISING FOR YOUR IDEA.

 

 

Its a joke, so i am starting to get worried you are not a bot, so its even more disturbing, i would imagine a bot not understanding jokes but ok you dont either..

Ok, so its not an "idea", and i am not looking for fundraising, did you read the title of the post and all my comments beside the last... can you read?

DEFINITION OF CENSORSHIP

Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication, or other information, on the basis that such material is considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or "inconvenient."[2][3][4] Censorship can be conducted by governments,[5] private institutions, and other controlling bodies.

Governments[5] and private organizations may engage in censorship. Other groups or institutions may propose and petition for censorship.[6] When an individual such as an author or other creator engages in censorship of their own works or speech, it is referred to as self-censorship. General censorship occurs in a variety of different media, including speech, books, music, films, and other arts, the press, radio, television, and the Internet for a variety of claimed reasons including national security, to control obscenity, child pornography, and hate speech, to protect children or other vulnerable groups, to promote or restrict political or religious views, and to prevent slander and libel.

Do you think my post fits into any of those?

And i would understand if i actually posted a fund raising post, but i didnt

 

 

Edited by h20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, h20 said:

DEFINITION OF CENSORSHIP

Maybe you should look up the definition of "rules" as well. You agreed to several when you joined. Now you are complaining about them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Strange said:

Maybe you should look up the definition of "rules" as well. You agreed to several when you joined. Now you are complaining about them. 

I didnt inflict any rule, i made a sarcastic comment when YOU where giving the initial idea the prospect of a company.... honestly i think this is censorship or applying an absurd rule when the post was undersgoing a good conversation

Dumb laws, also called weird laws, strange laws, futile laws, or unnecessary laws, are laws that are perceived to be useless, humorous or obsolete, i.e. no longer applicable (in regard to current culture or modern law). A number of books and websites purport to list dumb laws. These are in many cases based on misunderstandings, exaggerations or outright fabrications.

Edited by h20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, h20 said:

And i would understand if i actually posted a fund raising post, but i didnt

28 minutes ago, h20 said:

You are right! I think i need a new post asking where to get funding for ideas

!

Moderator Note

I gave you a friendly green reminder why this would be against the rules. You turned it into both a joke and a rant on censorship. Do you argue loudly with the librarian when he asks you to be quiet?

Never mind answering that. You've been reminded of the rules you agreed to when you joined. Have a great day.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Phi for All said:
!

Moderator Note

I gave you a friendly green reminder why this would be against the rules. You turned it into both a joke and a rant on censorship. Do you argue loudly with the librarian when he asks you to be quiet?

Never mind answering that. You've been reminded of the rules you agreed to when you joined. Have a great day.

 

that comment its just 


vexatious

and weird, what are you talking about a library, what kind of moderator are you? You should "moderate" not put petrol on a fire!

I think you overreacted by highlighting my post in Red upfront, not a good quality for an moderator to have, you should temper yourself and think before you act.

 

Edited by h20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, h20 said:

I think you overreacted by highlighting my post in Red upfront

Your first warning was in GREEN.

You may find when trying to develop and market a new product that you are often challenged on the technical, marketing, financial and other aspects of your business. Especially by people you need to help you (e.g. investors). You might want to think about how you would react to such challenges when they happen. Would potential investors be impressed by an angry tirade in response to a comment on your plans? Would they be more or less willing to invest if you make false statements?

Maybe you need to find a forum more suited to your temperament and goals. There is generally little discussion of product or business development here. And we do require people to obey the rules, especially the one about being civil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Strange said:

Your first warning was in GREEN.

You may find when trying to develop and market a new product that you are often challenged on the technical, marketing, financial and other aspects of your business. Especially by people you need to help you (e.g. investors). You might want to think about how you would react to such challenges when they happen. Would potential investors be impressed by an angry tirade in response to a comment on your plans? Would they be more or less willing to invest if you make false statements?

Maybe you need to find a forum more suited to your temperament and goals. There is generally little discussion of product or business development here. And we do require people to obey the rules, especially the one about being civil.

Again, WHO is talking about a PRODUCT?, i am talking about an idea and its applications in real life, during the post you turn it into a product making statements on how hard sevaral aspects would be to implement, fine with me, but then dont complain if i talk about product related issues... and start banning conversations.

Put it this way is not the same talking about the idea on how useful a real levitating board would be than actually discussing all the problems related to its manufacture. I dont see you getting the point.

My attitude is aligned with your moderators behaviour and incompetence. must watch this video to understand how i feel talking to them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxuxJpWnicU

Any way true this is not the correct forum to talk about ideas that might endup being a product, fine with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, h20 said:

Again, WHO is talking about a PRODUCT?, i am talking about an idea and its applications in real life

I thought you were:

On 8/7/2020 at 8:54 AM, h20 said:

Given that i have no experience as a product manager i ask the following:

Does any of you see this as a useful product?

But it sounds like you are just here to be disruptive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Strange said:

OK. We will ignore the fact that I worked on patents for a couple of decades.

Yes, things like "inventive step" and "obvious" are subjective and it can be quite hard to persuade the examiner that a patent really is inventive.

You are correct, I am not that familiar with Swedish patent law. But I assume that if you were to develop a product based on this idea (as you stated in your first post) you would want to patent it in, potentially, the largest markets (e.g. the USA).

You are, obviously, correct that it is not possible to patent an idea or (in most countries) a piece of software. However, it is possible in principle to patent the sort of thing you talked about in your first post: a cloud-connected valve and acoustic-flow measurement system. You even posted a photo of a prototype device. That falls squarely in the domain of things that are patentable.

 

Why would i you ignorant!

People in this post must watch this:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, h20 said:

People in this post must watch this:

Why would I want watch some childish rant on youtube, I can see the same thing right in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.