Programming Book Recommendations

techgeekk

Hey, hope everyone's doing well...would love for y'all to recommend some programming books that y'all are into...:)
Here are my top 5 picks

1. Code Complete by Steve McConnell

2. Elon Musk by Ashlee Vance
3. Java Script: The Definitive Guide by David Flanagan
4. The design of everyday things by Don Norman
5. Hooked by Nir Eyal

46 minutes ago, techgeekk said:

would love for y'all to recommend some programming books that y'all are into.

(bold by me)

Thanks, but three of the books on the list seems to be about other topics than programming, was that intended? 
Last edition Code Complete by Steve McConnell i know of was released in 2004, I consider it rather outdated by now.

Programming books have sadly been vanishing over the past 10 years. My local bookstore used to have a "computer" section that took up an entire corner of the store. Now it's down to a few meagerly populated shelves.

Everyone seems to recommend "The Pragmatic Programmer" and "Code Complete," but I actually haven't read either one of them, at least not yet. A 20th anniversary edition of "The Pragmatic Programmer" appeared late last year. The publication dates on these books keep pushing them to the bottom of my reading list.

I've read numerous great programming books on C#, JavaScript, Angular, SQL Server, Java, etc., but they become obsolete so fast these days. Most of my new learning comes from sites like Pluralsite or Udemy now, though I enjoyed learning from books much more.

• 6 months later...
47 minutes ago, SamuelRichards said:

I love to learn and learn something new, I recently started to study programming and have been looking for suitable textbooks for a long time, but I could not find something worthwhile for myself.

This is good for a beginner:

https://www.w3schools.com

Edited by Sensei

• 1 year later...