Physics conjecture - Split from Spacetime is doomed.

clive slocombe

I have been trying to get a response to some ideas I have regarding time, in particular time driven entropic gravity, I propose that Einstein's concept of spacetime warping by mass is in fact a simple warping of time. This has some remarkable consequences and I try to outline my ideas in this rather long spiel....if anyone can spare some time (lol!)  I would be very happy to hear your thoughts.....good or bad.

1 hour ago, clive slocombe said:

I know what the effects of gravity are, but I have never had it's cause clearly explained.

You don't understand it so you assume it is wrong?

There is nothing here which actually explains gravity

There is. You just haven't understood it.

Here is one analogy that think works quite well. 

Imagine two people walking forwards, side by side, on a flat plane. Their paths will remain parallel over time. We can consider the direction they are walking as the "time" dimension (they are moving steadily into the future) and the distance between them as one of the space dimensions.

On the the flat plane, the distance between them doesn't change over time. Now put them on the surface of the Earth and have them both walk towards the North Pole (along lines of longitude). As they move forwards (in time) they get closer together. No force is acting on them, it is just a consequence of the curved geometry they are travelling in. You can consider them falling towards one another because of the "gravity" of the curved space-time they are in.

Mass warps time and gravity is a consequence.

You are not far off. Mass does change both space and time (we know this because we can measure both effects). However, it is mainly the curvature of the time dimension that we experience as a force we label gravity.

So, imagine an area of space which contains little or no mass at all, in this region surely time will be passing very quickly, relative to what we experience here on our planet, and much, much faster than time is passing close to an imaginary Stargate black hole, or even a real one.

This isn't true because the difference in gravitational potential on the Earth and in empty space s very small. We can measure it (we can measure the difference over less than a metre) but it is very small. So time in empty space does pass faster than on Earth but not "very quickly".

I recall discussions regarding the expansion of the universe, and from Newton's law of universal gravitation, this expansion requires an input of energy, it was suggested that there was enough energy in 'space', despite it's very low temperature, to 'fuel' the expansion.

An alternative source was dark energy.

You can't apply Newtonian gravity when discussing the expansion of the universe. It is a consequence of GR. 

It doesn't require an input of energy to "fuel" expansion.

Dark energy does not cause expansion.

Science is suggesting unbelievable mechanisms for something which it is perhaps, more sensible to suppose may not actually happening.

Believability is not a suitable criterion for judging scientific theories.

I am going to stop there because it is far too hard to quote from your bizarre text format. [Edit: and now it has disappeared] But there are many errors in your description: cosmological red shift is not due to the Doppler effect; Hubble's Law is not based on the assumption that it is the Doppler effect because it is purely an observational law; etc.

It seems like you are picking bits of GR you "like" and discarding bits you don't like, then hoping that the resulting chopped up theory will still work. But unless you can demonstrate, in mathematical detail, that your model quantitatively produces the observed effects, there isn't much point to this.

Edited by Strange
It has all disappeared

Space and time are interconnected, and as Einstein's teacher put it,  "The views of space and time which I wish to lay before you have sprung from the soil of experimental physics, and therein lies their strength. They are radical. Henceforth space by itself, and time by itself, are doomed to fade away into mere shadows, and only a kind of union of the two will preserve an independent reality" [from Wiki] .

So the warping of space by mass, is the warping of spacetime. The other great proof re the interconnectivness of space and time, is the fact that when we look into space, we are looking back into time.

Well as I cannot see any of the details I cannot comment lol. At OP your going to have to post your long spiel here. Anyways time dilation goes along with length contraction.

Both are required to keep c invariant. You cannot keep c invariant with time dilation only.

Length contraction and time dilation are simultaneous. This is one of main reasons why spacetime is not seperatable

Edited by Mordred