Time Travel

Einstein2

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sent the painting on the 20th day of the month to the 15th day of the month,

so inturn you already have the painting on the 15th day. When you reach the 20th day

if you where to look for yourself, you might find your self going into your time machine sending a painting back to the 15th day.

That's what i thought, but id be glad to hear more from swansont on the matter.

Although i should point out again that this isnt something i thought of alone, a physicist from the IoP thought it up. Im merely putting it in the way as a problem with time travel.

it isn't a paradox. you are making the events circular again.

you go:

1)paint the painting again

2)send it back in time

3)get it

4)1 again, but you don't paint it

it is supposed to go:

1)you get it

2)you paint it

3)you send it back in time

or

1)you don't get it

2)you don't paint it

3)you don't send it back in time

I believe what Danny is saying is this: Things only occour once in the future, If for example he sends a painting (on the 20th), to him self in the past (to the 15th) then on that day (the 20th) he nolonger has the painting, there is only the one, and that will be the one he gets on the 15th..Then once it is the 20th day of that month. He wont see him self sending the painting in the time machine because the "painting" not "him" went into the past: Hence: there cant be two paintings sharing the same time period in the time line because all chronological events move forward ..