Lawrence Krauss made a very good point

Mawby

Why would god reveal himself to iron aged peasants and send Jesus at a time when there was no video or photos? Certainly he knew today's era was coming. Why not reveal all of that now? That way there would be no doubt. The entire world would see. Get the parting of a sea on video and all doubt would be laid to rest. Makes perfect sense. There's still time. Is no one worthy in today's era to have such power bestowed upon them? More people in this era need to be rescued from famine. What's going on?

• 2 weeks later...
  • CharonY changed the title to Lawrence Krauss made a very good point
  • 2 months later...
On 2/19/2019 at 8:30 PM, Mawby said:

Why would god reveal himself to iron aged peasants and send Jesus at a time when there was no video or photos? Certainly he knew today's era was coming. Why not reveal all of that now?

May I paraphrase your statement to:

"Why would god reveal himself to TV, video, photo, celebrities loving etc. people, generally not-so-bright people, who spend half day on senseless job, and the rest watching TV, discussing senseless subjects (e.g. what celebrity did or said, what some politician did or said etc. etc.), basically wasting their time, and send Jesus at a time when there was very little people understanding him and knowing the all quantum physics etc. etc. ? Certainly he knew today's era was coming. Why not reveal all of that now? (i.e. future age in which everybody know the all quantum physics)"

That way there would be no doubt. The entire world would see. Get the parting of a sea on video and all doubt would be laid to rest. Makes perfect sense.

You can't trust videos or photos. See computer games, see movies. It's possible to replicate everything what you want in gfx. It's just a matter of time spend on it.

Times when, at least from graphics point of view, games will be indistinguishable from the real world are "around the corner". More problematic is intelligence of artificial intelligence simulated units in the game. After a bit of talk it is quite obvious who is A.I. in the game, and who is not. You detect it not by visual appearance, but from quality of talk..

More people in this era need to be rescued from famine. What's going on? 

I have already addressed this issue couple times on this forum..

Edited by Sensei