wireless charging magnetic field

Maxime

hello everyone ! i am a french student in second year of studying and i have some kind of project 

i chose to study wireless charging system. for my project i have to do experimentations, maths (predict the results) and simulation with a computer.

in the maths part i have to calculate the current and voltage output of what would be the device's coil, so i am doing it in two steps:

1/ calculating the magnetic field created by the emmitting coil with definite current and voltage

2/ calculating the current and voltage created by the receeiving coil with the magnetic field upon.

however i am having trouble finding formulas etc.. expressing the magnetic field : my physics teacher told me this formula : B=((µ0*I)/(2R))N, with b=magnetic field, µ0= 4pi*10^-7, r the coil radius, N the number of spires.

problem is this formula is for such coils (the petrol blue one saying bobine plate) whereas i'm looking for a formula for the coil on the second picture (marroon one with the jzcoil watermarks)

i would be grateful if someone could at least tell me the name of the second coil, or point me to a thesis (knowing that the Qi thesis doesn't mention anyting about the magnetic field, except for a simplification just to picture how it would work)

merci !

mt26862.jpg

Flat-wireless-charger-transmitter-coil-inductance-6.jpg

1 minute ago, studiot said:

thank you very much for the fast answer! sorry about the wrong section, i will try to move it...

thank you for the links ! i will try to update :D

I found this! I have everything I need -for the magnetic field that is-

I will come back with results for those interested surely next week

Have a nice week end and thanks again :D

Screenshot_20190125-142609.jpg

hello everyone ! i am back ;)

thanks to studiot i found the answer i was looking for :D 

i've calculated the magnetic field thanks to the formula in my previous answer. i got for the first coil 0.5mT and for the second 1.5 (or something like that.)

so then i moved on ( let me remind you that i want to choose which configuration is better with as the emmiter the bigger or the smaller coil)

so i took the formula and isolated the current in order to find it with the magnetic field value found at first. 

i got to this : for the first setup with the small coil as emmiter and 1A going through it, i got 0.5A out of the recepting end which seems fine by me.

but for the second setup, (inversing the two coils) i got 2.5A...

so i figured the voltage must drop, (unless i am a genius and found out a way to make infinite energy) and  discovered it depends on the number of spires...

anyway  now i will redo the math with thinner wires for the smaller coil, in order to roughly get the same number of spires and hopefully get decent results.

if anyone has ideas, i would be glad to hear about it! 

maxime

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2019 at 1:53 PM, studiot said:

A small point to help we call them turns not spires.

Spires are pointy roofs, usually on top of towers of cathedrals and university buildings. 

"spires" is French equivalent of "turns".. :)

On 1/25/2019 at 2:56 PM, Phi for All said:
!

Thanks for the comment, it just seemed like spire was English and the French wouldn't care to find its own word for it ^^

I just made my own coil, I'll upload a picture once I'm back, in about two weeks

Take care :)

• 4 weeks later...