"I agree" "I disagree"

Bettina

Ok....in one of Blikes latest challenges, the question was about Logic and Emotion.

The only answers were I agree or I disagree and I said "I disagree". Others enhanced the answer by adding the word "Strongly".

I (grrrrrrrrr) tried to look for a way to change mine so I could add that word too, but I can't.

Now.....does it make a difference in who is selected if the answer is made to look stronger? I don't care if I'm not selected, I just want to know.

Bettina

Bettina,

Now.....does it make a difference in who is selected if the answer is made to look stronger?

Probably not.

But, you could always try typing in ALL CAPS, maybe even throwing in a little BOLD, perhaps making your font REALLY BIG AND RED.

(I'd suggest throwing in a lot of "!!!!!", but that would be overkill.)

IN MY MEMORY WROTE : But, you could always try typing in ALL CAPS, maybe even throwing in a little BOLD, perhaps making your font REALLY BIG AND RED.

Or you could do it like this.

Character - cartman
corner_tl.gif corner_tr.gif
tail.gif
I strongly strongly strongly disagree!
corner_bl.gif corner_br.gif

Just joshin. :P

All of these Challenge threads go through a Moderation queue, where they are vetted before being actually posted. That's why there is a lag time between when you post and when it shows up.

Anything different than "I agree/disagree" gets deleted. We regularly get people making pages of debate despite what the rules state. It's sad, really.

Actually, "I agree" is pretty pointless as well. The Challenger is obviously going to pick someone who disagrees with his stance to debate with. Eventually we'll probably give the boot to anything but "I disagree". Perhaps Sayonara³ could rig up something where the words "I disagree" are automatically passed through the queue. It would save time AND prove you can read.

I'm intending (at some point) to write a piece of code to automate the entire process. It's fairly easy to do and would save a lot of time. There's a lot of issues in general at the moment, and I think it would be a good idea to try and simplify the process.