zombies?

flyboy

ok i didnt kno which forum this would fit in so i put it here

do zombies exist?

i keep hearing about the way humans can "reanimate" after they die if a certain virus is introduced and if the brain is not destroyed or damaged

is this true?

I did read something somewhere about a poison (found in blowfish IIRC) that majorly reduced someones heart-rate so they appeared dead if you didn't look too closely but didn't actually kill the person. After they recover from the nearly dying, they are brain damaged in such a way that makes them easily suggestable and likely to do whatever you say without giving it much thought.

I can't for the life of me remember where I read about it but it sounded almost vaugely beliveable at the time.

death as in the heart no longer works' date=' death as in you get shot piont blank with a 12 guage and your heart is ripped out of your body.

that kind of death[/quote']

you don't seem to understand.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death

I did read something on this subject a number of years ago and it appears to be a drug.

The effect is to slow heart rate and respiration to a virtually nonexistent state and the person appears dead. A secondary effect is to depress the willpower/mind in the victim, once "resurrected" they are for all intents and purposes a living robot. The drug is constantly readministered in a lesser dosage to keep them in that state.

The thing I found interesting is that the victims must not be fed salt as it will almost instantly counteract the drug. Combined in food is okay, but give the victim a sprinkle of the white crystals by themselves and he/she will recover.

Basically, it was used for creating a slave force that could never rebel.

on another note there have been some studies into animating body parts of dogs. I saw a video from, like, the 50s.

I mean the thing wasn't alive, but its reflexes worked.