Scientists being remembered (Split from FTL travel in Science Fiction)

Sensei

7 hours ago, swansont said:

Physics is interdependent. Once you break it, you end up breaking most of it. 

So, as I had implied before, one strategy is to not investigate or explain how you break it, or the implications of it, to the extent possible. Because if you try, it will be impossible, since nature doesn't work that way.

Majority of modern quantum physicists work is to try to violate quantum number conservation rules introduced in the earlier years... ;)

3 hours ago, swansont said:

Um, no.

Let me rephrase my original thought once again, if you didn't get the picture...

"Majority of modern quantum physicists, who want to be REMEMBERED and want to INFLUENCE development of physics further, work to try to violate quantum number conservation rules introduced in the earlier years... ;) "

Entire work in CERN is concerned on trying to break the symmetry..

Maybe I should clarify, one bit more time (please excuse me, if I was not clear enough, since the beginning..).. Scientists, the most of the time are remaining anonymous except, exceptional personalities like Newton, Einstein, etc. The only way to get out of  the crowd of other anonymous scientists is coming out with revolutionary thought.. e.g. proving violation of some kind of quantum number is the "numero uno", on the list of such scientist-to-be-remembered "how to be remembered for eternity".. That's why we have crowd of people making threads in speculation forum.. They're home-made-scientist-to-be, and they want to be remembered for eternity for discovering something,.. I am glad they bother learning something, and ask you to have patience for them, and learn them everything what you know, instead of punishing them for lack of knowledge.. There is needed exceptional amount of patience in learning somebody, especially somebody who does not want to listen and learn..

Edited by Sensei

45 minutes ago, Sensei said:

Maybe I should clarify, one bit more time (please excuse me, if I was not clear enough, since the beginning..).. Scientists, the most of the time are remaining anonymous except, exceptional personalities like Newton, Einstein, etc. The only way to get out of  the crowd of other anonymous scientists is coming out with revolutionary thought.. e.g. proving violation of some kind of quantum number is the "numero uno", on the list of such scientist-to-be-remembered "how to be remembered for eternity".. That's why we have crowd of people making threads in speculation forum.. They're home-made-scientist-to-be, and they want to be remembered for eternity for discovering something,.. I am glad they bother learning something, and ask you to have patience for them, and learn them everything what you know, instead of punishing them for lack of knowledge.. There is needed exceptional amount of patience in learning somebody, especially somebody who does not want to listen and learn..

It is not the responsibility of SFN forumites to have endless patience with posters that don't want to listen... we are not social workers. that are paid to persevere. Strange is a prime example of someone who has demonstrated  lots of patience many times, only for it to be wasted... it quickly  becomes apparent when one should switch off.  If you are in a football game you don't attempt to change the rules or exercise illegal playing tactics.... nobody will want you to play if you do. Same here.

6 hours ago, Sensei said:

Let me rephrase my original thought once again, if you didn't get the picture...

"Majority of modern quantum physicists, who want to be REMEMBERED and want to INFLUENCE development of physics further, work to try to violate quantum number conservation rules introduced in the earlier years... ;) "

Entire work in CERN is concerned on trying to break the symmetry..

Still no.