What is Einstein's force of attraction?

DimaMazin

7 minutes ago, DimaMazin said:

Is it stronger nearer to mass than Newton's force of attraction?

There is no force of attraction In GR. Instead, gravity's described in terms of curvature of space time. In most cases (at low energies/masses) this produces almost exactly the same results as Newton. 

4 minutes ago, Strange said:

There is no force of attraction In GR. Instead, gravity's described in terms of curvature of space time. In most cases (at low energies/masses) this produces almost exactly the same results as Newton. 

Is Einstein's acceleration bigger than Newton's acceleration near to black hole?

1 minute ago, DimaMazin said:

Is Einstein's acceleration bigger than Newton's acceleration near to black hole?

I don't think so. The location of the event horizon corresponds to the distance where the escape velocity (calculated according to Newton's theory) is c. And GR says the same thing.

7 minutes ago, Strange said:

I don't think so. The location of the event horizon corresponds to the distance where the escape velocity (calculated according to Newton's theory) is c. And GR says the same thing.

My question is about change of momentum. Is Einstein's change of momentum more than Newton's change of momentum near black hole?

Just now, DimaMazin said:

My question is about change of momentum. Is Einstein's change of momentum more than Newton's change of momentum near black hole?

You asked about force, then acceleration. But if the acceleration is the same, then the change in momentum must be the same, no?

25 minutes ago, DimaMazin said:

The calcs and figures on the acceleration rate from GR, are far more accurate and precise then Newtonian under "normal" gravitational situations, but entails more complicated maths, which is why we rarely use GR on Earth based problems and even with regards to most space endeavours...plus of course Newtonian tolerances do suffice. Near the EH of a BH though, Newtonian tolerances literally fails us and the precision of GR is needed.

Edited by beecee

17 minutes ago, Strange said:

You asked about force, then acceleration. But if the acceleration is the same, then the change in momentum must be the same, no?

You have said about zero acceleration.

Edited by DimaMazin

15 minutes ago, DimaMazin said:

You have said about zero acceleration.

No I didn't. I said the acceleration was about the same for Newton and GR (in the weak field limit).

Obviously it is not exactly the same or we wouldn't need GR. For example, the very small anomalous precession of Mercury can only be explained by GR.

I would assume that whether GR or Newton produces a larger acceleration depends on the specifics of the case. 

5 hours ago, Strange said:

No I didn't. I said the acceleration was about the same for Newton and GR (in the weak field limit).

Obviously it is not exactly the same or we wouldn't need GR. For example, the very small anomalous precession of Mercury can only be explained by GR.

I would assume that whether GR or Newton produces a larger acceleration depends on the specifics of the case. 

I have confused escape velocity and falling velocity because my question was about falling velocity, 

2 hours ago, DimaMazin said:

I have confused escape velocity and falling velocity because my question was about falling velocity, 

By a remarkable “coincidence” escape velocity is the same as free fall velocity. (Not a coincidence at all)