What planet is this?

I took this photo of my daughter this morning and was wondering what planet that is. My husband says Venus. Obviously i know nothing about astronomy, lol. I thought it was just a glare but I took like 10 pics of her and its in all the pics in the same spot so I figured it was a planet. Thank you!

Untitled.png

Woops I forgot to mention that we live in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and the picture was taken around 8:30am

13 minutes ago, mistykasumi said:

I took this photo of my daughter this morning and was wondering what planet that is. My husband says Venus. Obviously i know nothing about astronomy, lol. I thought it was just a glare but I took like 10 pics of her and its in all the pics in the same spot so I figured it was a planet. Thank you!

Untitled.png

Woops I forgot to mention that we live in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and the picture was taken around 8:30am

It doesn’t look like a glare or lens flare, You can make sure by taking a different pic to see if the spot isn’t an artifact coming from a faulty lens or camera sensor. If you can see it with your eyes in the sky it most probably is Venus. 

Can't be Venus, as it would be below the horizon at the time the picture was taken (it an evening star right now).  Mercury would be above the horizon, but I don't think that it would be bright enough to be seen with the Sun that high in the sky.  The moon would be in that part of the sky and showing just a slight crescent,  So that is a possible source.   There are no other planets in that vicinity of the sky at this time.

Sky Map is a nice app to identify stars or planets.

Mercury would be more or less at that position, but not that bright.

Did you also see it at the moment you took the pictures? If it was the moon, that should have been quite obvious with the naked eye.

Perhaps it was a satellite (was it moving), or a weather balloon?

50 minutes ago, Bender said:

Sky Map is a nice app to identify stars or planets.

Mercury would be more or less at that position, but not that bright.

Did you also see it at the moment you took the pictures? If it was the moon, that should have been quite obvious with the naked eye.

Perhaps it was a satellite (was it moving), or a weather balloon?

Mercury is presently  ~22-23 degrees from the Sun.  Using the girl as reference, I 'd say that the angular distance between the Sun and object is much larger in this photo.   The Moon would be about twice this angular distance at ~45 degrees from the Sun.

15 minutes ago, Janus said:

Mercury is presently  ~22-23 degrees from the Sun.  Using the girl as reference, I 'd say that the angular distance between the Sun and object is much larger in this photo.   The Moon would be about twice this angular distance at ~45 degrees from the Sun.

Could be. I don't have much experience estimating angles in the sky. 

It cannot be a planet. They can hardly be seen when the sun is still above the horizon. For Venus, the brightest planet, the light is much too high above the horizon, Being an inner planet, it is always to the sun.

I think it is a reflection of the sun in the camera's objective. Its place on the picture is pretty precise point symmetrical with the middle point of the picture. Also its unsharpness points in that direction.