Space is a vacuum

Zylacone

Unfortunately I have been unable to find the material I needed to cite in regards to the experiment which took place decades ago with two gigantic metal plates. 

Fortunately I have found these ubiquitous tiny little metal plates instead. These bits of metal are used by metal heads ( they're geeks after all) or machinists.

These bits of metal are used to calibrate micrometers and such and are called gage blocks.  When rubbed together under pressure they stick together.  

When a perfectly flat gage block is placed on a perfectly flat table the block will float around on the table.  The Vander Waal force explains the sticksion part of the problem but falls far short of explaining the floating effect. 

The only thing that explains both is the theory all matter is contained in a field of Higgs bosons.  These bosons are on the table top and act like ball bearings rolling around under the block. 

When two blocks are pushed together the bosons are forced halfway into the empty spaces in between the atoms in the blocks. Rubbing them together decreases the pushing force necessary to connect the blocks. When matter is compressed it's pressurized.  The pressure in matter equals the pressure which compressed it. This pressure causes friction as the Higgs bosons push on the atoms around the empty spaces in the blocks. 

Space is a vacuum and cannot be manipulated.  Only the Higgs field can be manipulated because it is something.  It is matter.  Space is simply the volume of the universe which is static and unchanging.  Matter oscillates not space and not the universe. 

58 minutes ago, Zylacone said:

The only thing that explains both is the theory all matter is contained in a field of Higgs bosons. 

Higgs bosons are unstable and decay almost immediately. https://www.symmetrymagazine.org/article/june-2014/measuring-the-lifetime-of-the-higgs-boson

However, the Higgs field does exist everywhere. 

1 hour ago, Zylacone said:

Space is a vacuum and cannot be manipulated.

Space is not a vacuum. There is matter everywhere. And there are also virtual particles everywhere because of the non-zero energy of space.

And space can be manipulated; the presence of mass-energy causes curvature of space-time.

Only the Higgs field can be manipulated because it is something. 

The Higgs field is not matter. It is a field. And the Higgs boson is ... um, a boson; in other words a force carrier, not a matter particle.

Space is simply the volume of the universe which is static and unchanging. 

It is not static and unchanging; there is overwhelming evidence that the universe is expanding.

In summary: you don't know what you what you are talking about.

8 hours ago, Strange said:

Higgs bosons are unstable and decay almost immediately. https://www.symmetrymagazine.org/article/june-2014/measuring-the-lifetime-of-the-higgs-boson

However, the Higgs field does exist everywhere. 

Space is not a vacuum. There is matter everywhere. And there are also virtual particles everywhere because of the non-zero energy of space.

And space can be manipulated; the presence of mass-energy causes curvature of space-time.

The Higgs field is not matter. It is a field. And the Higgs boson is ... um, a boson; in other words a force carrier, not a matter particle.

It is not static and unchanging; there is overwhelming evidence that the universe is expanding.

In summary: you don't know what you what you are talking about.

Because of the interpretation of type 1A super nova data it is said that the universe is expanding faster and faster. This is where dark energy comes in. I have not seen any evidence to support such a statement. I want to see and interpret the evidence.  I believe that in one direction relative to the Milkyway say 5 billion light years out, type 1A super nova data and red shift data do not correspond to one another. Red shift data appears closer. On the opposite side of the galaxy and 5 billion light years away type 1A super nova data appears to be closer.  I want, no, crave this data. 

It's clear something is expanding. I believe that something is matter expanding into the universe. 

I believe the red shift data correctly shows the expansion is slowing. 

If you can show some examples of data which show a speeding expansion, or know someone who can, I would love to see it.

Thank you for your reply, and hope to hear from you again. 

Because of the interpretation of type 1A super nova data it is said that the universe is expanding faster and faster. This is where dark energy comes in. I have not seen any evidence to support such a statement. I want to see and interpret the evidence.  I believe that in one direction relative to the Milkyway say 5 billion light years out, type 1A super nova data and red shift data do not correspond to one another. Red shift data appears closer. On the opposite side of the galaxy and 5 billion light years away type 1A super nova data appears to be closer.  I want, no, crave this data. 

http://supernova.lbl.gov

http://classic.sdss.org/supernova/

It's clear something is expanding. I believe that something is matter expanding into the universe. 

Then you need to provide some evidence for that.

And provide an alternative to the theory of General Relativity.

So you have all these independent lines of evidence, all pointing towards the same picture: General Relativity is our theory of gravity, and our Universe is 13.8 billion years old, with ~70% dark energy, ~30% total matter, where about 5% is normal matter and 25% is dark matter. 

When someone puts forth the hypothesis that "dark matter and/or dark energy doesn't exist," the onus is on them to answer the implicit question, "okay, then what replaces General Relativity as your theory of gravity to explain the entire Universe?"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2018/04/10/what-astronomers-wish-everyone-knew-about-dark-matter-and-dark-energy/

Good luck with that.

14 hours ago, Zylacone said:

The only thing that explains both is the theory all matter is contained in a field of Higgs bosons.  These bosons are on the table top and act like ball bearings rolling around under the block. 

When two blocks are pushed together the bosons are forced halfway into the empty spaces in between the atoms in the blocks. Rubbing them together decreases the pushing force necessary to connect the blocks. When matter is compressed it's pressurized.  The pressure in matter equals the pressure which compressed it. This pressure causes friction as the Higgs bosons push on the atoms around the empty spaces in the blocks. 

Do you have a model to back this up?