I can't be the only one.

Scotty99

1 hour ago, Scotty99 said:

And another guy trying to do the same thing mordred was, childish is actually the best term i can come with to describe this type of posting.

As an aside i am 37 and the only time ive stepped foot inside of a church had to do with a wedding or a funeral. My family was not religious in the slightest, but glad you seem to know me so well.

You're being obtuse again. What does stepping inside any church have anything to do with those   that chose unscientific supernatural/paranormal nonsense, over evidenced based science and the proven scientific method. 

54 minutes ago, Mordred said:

... I am specifically applying a blanket statement to take any non peer reviewed resource with a hesitation. Any resource that is not peer reviewed is questionable.

Got to agree wholeheartedly with you there, Mordred.

1 hour ago, et pet said:

Wow. I have never ever been told before that being thoroughly appreciative of not only life, but having the ability to truly enjoy this life was in some way a problem. Just, WOW.

Yet, the evidence overwhelmingly says the opposite, you say?

So, just WOW.

And all the rest you go on about space age, infinite extent,etc., is just one tiny smidgen of all of the reasons that this earth is in a special spot in the cosmos!     

No that's what the mainstream tried and tested cosmology says. Again, the Earth certainly is the only place that we know with certainty that life does exist, but that life may well have arisen also elsewhere and we have every reason to probably believe it has...even within our own solar system. Again, the lack of evidence of life elsewhere is due to the vast distances involved. Universal Abiogenesis of course is the only scientific answer as to how life came to be. So yes, wow! no myth or fairy tales needed.

I'll agree that one could view the earth as "special" in that one concept of supporting life to the best of our current knowledge. And we are the center of our observable universe, just as any observer on any rock anywhere in the universe is central to his or her universe. Other then that, the Earth is no more then another hum drum piece of rock, born by gravity accretion, from the debris of previous stars that have gone supernova. And that applies to anything, or anybody anywhere in the universe. We are star stuff to quote Professor Neil De-Grasse Tyson.

6 minutes ago, Scotty99 said:

What is this unscientifc/paranormal stuff you keep talking about?

Ghosts, goblins, fairies, Bigfoot, Abominable Snowman, Santa Clause, magical spaghetti monsters or any other semblance of anything claiming  god like supernatural or paranormal  powers.