Is there a 1 s/s diference in the rate of time between the observer and a distance of 13.9 Gly?

captcass

6 minutes ago, captcass said:

I thought the name calling was banned.

I’ll take the modnote if its coming to me. In fact I reported my own post for the mods to see.

Edited by koti

2 minutes ago, captcass said:

I read it differently. To me he is saying the postulate does not call for it.

That is exactly right.

The relativity postulate is not the reason it is there.

It is there for OTHER reasons.

It is REQUIRED for other reasons. 

And, nicely, that results in conservation of energy and momentum being consistent with the equations.

So, the Einstein field equations DO include, of necessity, mass and energy. And this is one of the factors causing curvature of space-time geometry which results in effects such as time dilation.

24 minutes ago, koti said:

I’ll take the modnote if its coming to me. In fact I reported my own post for the mods to see.

:)

5 minutes ago, swansont said:

Selective quotation to change the meaning is not a path that ends well for you.

I don't see it as changing the meaning, as I noted above.

22 minutes ago, Strange said:

So, the Einstein field equations DO include, of necessity, mass and energy

Sorry, Strange, I disagree. They include the tensor to accommodate the conservation. The actual field equations do not contain any mass or energy factors other than the difference in the rates of time, which is where I see the "force" of evolution working. Take a quick look at them and try to find a mass or energy term.

13 hours ago, captcass said:

No they don't. They have nothing to do with GR's field equations which rely totally on differences in the rates of time. Einstein says he added the stress energy tensor as an accommodation to the conservation of energy and the GR did not require it. I quote the paragraph of his 1915 paper in my paper. Time dilation creates the effects.

!

Moderator Note

Your thread on this was shut down for a lack of support. You don't get to re-introduce it here, nor do you get to discuss even more nonsense with no support.