Photonic Motor

IsaacAsimov

I have devised a photonic motor just in case people switch from electricity to light. It would work like a radiometer, except it would not need a vacuum. It would have about 6 vanes, which would be colored black. A laser would fire a laser beam at the vanes, which would absorb the photons and cause the vanes to rotate clockwise. For a faster speed, the vanes could be colored white, which when struck by a laser beam, would reflect the light back. When the laser light hits the vanes, the vanes would absorb the momentum of the light and be pushed clockwise. When the light is reflected, the reaction with the vane would push the vane clockwise, making it turn twice as fast as the motor with the black vanes. That's all I have to say on the subject.

28 minutes ago, IsaacAsimov said:

I have devised a photonic motor just in case people switch from electricity to light. It would work like a radiometer, except it would not need a vacuum. It would have about 6 vanes, which would be colored black. A laser would fire a laser beam at the vanes, which would absorb the photons and cause the vanes to rotate clockwise. For a faster speed, the vanes could be colored white, which when struck by a laser beam, would reflect the light back. When the laser light hits the vanes, the vanes would absorb the momentum of the light and be pushed clockwise. When the light is reflected, the reaction with the vane would push the vane clockwise, making it turn twice as fast as the motor with the black vanes. That's all I have to say on the subject.

Devised? A thought experiment.

Because I doubt you have built such a device, as it would need to be able to rotate under a force of 3.3 nanoNewtons per watt of power.

What would the application be?