Is Tennis a good sport for your height growth?

ps2huang

I am 21 years old, I still think I can grow an inch or two in height.

I know people always recommend to play swimming or basketball if needing to get taller. Do oyu think tennis is also a good one that can boost up your height? Because as you play, you need to explosive your feet all the time for getting the ball with a great balance.

actualy, i`de imagine that basketball would have quite the opposite effect (if it had any). the constant compression of the spine upon landing could conceivable shorten you somewhat after a game.

Swimming seems to be the most likely activity as it relaxes the spine, Sleeping`s a good one too, but I doubt we`ll see that any time soon in the Olympics :)

Well, I am taking this tennis course for my summer classes. Three times a week, and each time will take us 2 hours to go in the session. So I am hoping by the end of July--which is also the end of my sumemr school--My height will obviously be taller 2 inches and mroe than I am. Did you guys see any thing that any boy who is 20 something grwoing some few more inches?

Also that the breaking-bone surgery mentioned by you is not in Japan. It is being done in China. That surgery is very popular in China~

Well' date=' I am taking this tennis course for my summer classes. Three times a week, and each time will take us 2 hours to go in the session. So I am hoping by the end of July--which is also the end of my sumemr school--My height will obviously be taller 2 inches and mroe than I am. Did you guys see any thing that any boy who is 20 something grwoing some few more inches?

Also that the breaking-bone surgery mentioned by you is not in Japan. It is being done in China. That surgery is very popular in China~[/quote']

One way you can significantly increase the appearance of height is to improve your posture. Get used to sitting and standing up straight. A sport like tennis can strengthen your trunk muscles or "core muscles" - the ones that support your spine and can help you have good posture. When your back, abs, and obliques are good and strong and you stand up straight there is more distance between each vertebra.

Stand in front of the mirror and look at how much difference in height there is between slumping and standing erect. Strengthening your muscles will have the added benefit of reducing the chance of a slipped or herniated disk.

You won't heighten at the age of 21. Sports/physical activity of any sort facilitate growth, particulary of growth of the leg bone's due to androgenic factors...as far as I know, you will not get taller at you current age.

How tall are you exactly?

You won't heighten at the age of 21. Sports/physical activity of any sort facilitate growth' date=' particulary of growth of the leg bone's due to androgenic factors...as far as I know, you will not get taller at you current age.

How tall are you exactly?[/quote']

5'8. But I did heard there were some guys who grew few inches taller during early 20s.