morbid little topic

daisy

Having just found out that one of my fellow graduands has died I was a bit shell shocked. I was a mature student so she was a good bit younger than me and can only have been about 31 or so. It made me think about my own mortality and what legacy i'd like to leave behind. I'd like to known as a cool Mum (which my kids friends think I am but not my kids...haha), a not too shabby scientist and most importantly a person who made others feel good. I think I'm basically OK but in some ways I'm a doormat so that's the only thing I'd like to change.......what would the rest of you like to change or what would you like your legacy to be?

Originally posted by daisy

but in some ways I'm a doormat so that's the only thing I'd like to change.......what would the rest of you like to change or what would you like your legacy to be?

What do you mean a doormat?

I dunno, I've never really thought about it.

Let me get back to you on this one.

Be warned! A few of these are a little far fetched. Aim high because you will always end up lower than you expect to work. So make your expectations unreasonable so when you fail you will be just where you wanted to be.

1. I don't wanna die. I want to develop eternal youth(I have a great idea but I am a greedy #%@!&^@).

2. Genetic alteration of eternal youth

3. Genetic alteration of natural antibiotic production in the body so that my offspring are highly immune to disease and thus when bio terrorism happens, which it will far in the future my off spring will be barley affected and thus can help procreate for the species and be among the elite survivors Muhahahaha.

4. I want to leave a book of cultural ideas and concepts that my offspring should follow(or at least read). This way each generation they add a little more information, wisdom, proverbs, ideas technology concepts ect... Over 10 generations my off spring will amass huge quanities of wisdom, technology, and intelligence.

5. Intelligent offspring I want to educate my children and I to be highly educated.

6. Corporate empire- I want to use my ideas and my connections to build a coporate empire. (I have ideas that a high schooler can do that will generate big $$$)

7. I want to develop my ideas and technology concepts. I want to develop myself and thus make a last impression on the world.

It's a big order I do admit. Improbable but not impossible.

P.S I have it planned out how I plan on doing all these things.

• 2 weeks later...