Exam regulations

fiveworlds

Hey, college exams are really strict in that they force you to hand them your phone, wallet etc to stop cheating. While I can understand where they are coming from am I the only one here that feels uncomfortable with handing their important personal belongings to people they don't know?

You are, I guess.

They won't steal your money. I guess take less money with you and take you're phone and you're good. What could happen? It's not like they take your equipment to a vault, I guess it's all in the exam room or something.

If only it were that easy. I generally only take the bare minimum I need my phone and wallet to get home so I don't have a choice about bringing them. Then there's the times where bags are just left on the ground in or outside the exam hall and it makes me just as uncomfortable because nothing would stop a student or teacher from picking up my bag and just walking out with it.

There needs to be a signature paper when you leave your stuff with whoever. When you get back, you show them your ID and they give it back. Simple and it eliminates all worry.

The ID that is in the wallet?

Leave the crap at home. You need pencil, pen, calculator etc. You can manage for a couple of hours over a few days without mobile etc.

Although invigilators can be a bit rubbish too... In a criminal law exam (in some law exams you are allowed a copy of the relevant statutes) a few years ago a guy stood up a few rows in front of me and shouted at the invigilator whilst pointing at the bloke next to him "He is using a copy of flipping Nutshells [law revision guide] For Flips Sake - are you Flippers flipping Blind! "