Wave/Particule duality of the photon

Jacques

What I am telling is that he is never both. Probability of being both 0%

I am not expert in QM but I have the feeling that QM is all about probabilities and that the expert speak about superposition when they don`t know the state of a particule.

It is never both, but until you know if it is one state or the other, you must equally assume it's state is 1 or 0. I'm asking how we can apply this knowledge into quantum computers.

It's more than assuming. The particle is in both states.

We know the particle can be considered to be somewhat (have I qualified it enough yet?) in both states as it can "interfere with itself".

What is the largest object, as a whole, that has been shown to interfere with itself?

We know the particle can be considered to be somewhat (have I qualified it enough yet?) in both states as it can "interfere with itself".

What is the largest object' date=' as a whole, that has been shown to interfere with itself?[/quote']

I know that separate Bose-Einstein condensates have been shown to interfere.

Guest mexicomarti

Just a clarification here. It's Schrodinger's cat, named after Erwin Schrodinger, to explain this highly confusing principle which he proposed in 1935.

Marti in Mexico

Just a clarification here. It's Schrodinger's cat' date=' named after Erwin Schrodinger, to explain this highly confusing principle which he proposed in 1935.

Marti in Mexico[/quote']

who needed clarification?

The "wave-function" is a mathematical tool to describe the "probability wave". Take the photon for example. Such a probability wave collapses when we know where the photon is (or isn't) and the probability becomes 1 (or 0). That is to say, until we know where the photon is, mathematically we have to use the probability wave function. Once we know where the photon is (or isn't), the probability becomes 1 or 0 of it being in a particular place. No "wave-function", just a discrete value.