Mysterious cabin.

paleolithic

Ah, sorry for how vague this post is, but I wasn't sure where to place it.

A couple years back I was watching a documentary on this location (Somewhere in N. America) that seemed to defy the laws of physics. Like, at a certain point, if you had a slope, and you put a ball at the bottom, it would roll up, that sort of thing. There was a physicist that bought the place in the mid 1900's and did thousands of experiments in it, then one day he burned all his research and died shortly after. I tried searching for a previous thread about this but couldn't find anything, did anybody else see it? A lot of the info in this post was probably altered from memory by the way.

Thanks

Ah' date=' sorry for how vague this post is, but I wasn't sure where to place it.

A couple years back I was watching a documentary on this location (Somewhere in N. America) that seemed to defy the laws of physics. Like, at a certain point, if you had a slope, and you put a ball at the bottom, it would roll up, that sort of thing. There was a physicist that bought the place in the mid 1900's and did thousands of experiments in it, then one day he burned all his research and died shortly after. I tried searching for a previous thread about this but couldn't find anything, did anybody else see it? A lot of the info in this post was probably altered from memory by the way.

Thanks[/quote']

I have been to a place where it seems like your car rolls uphill. It rolls downhill, but the local topography makes it seem otherwise.

Magnetic Hill, Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, but I'm sure there are others.

we have quite a famous pub just up the road from us called the "Tilted Barrel" and a marble will apear to roll uphill on the bar.

ground subsidence from mining made the place tilt over the years, and all the stuff inside had to be re-fitted to compensate for this, but as a trick it was Under compensated for :)

it`s purely an optical illusion (fascinated me a kid).

we have quite a famous pub just up the road from us called the "Tilted Barrel" and a marble will apear to roll uphill on the bar.
I've found if you stay in bars long enough even stranger things happen.:)

I have been to a place where it seems like your car rolls uphill. It rolls downhill' date=' but the local topography makes it seem otherwise. Magnetic Hill, Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, but I'm sure there are others.

[/quote'] Electric Brae, Ayrshire, Scotland.

There are several places in the Rocky Mountains where streams seem to run uphill. I remember staring at one for quite a while when I was younger and eventually it began to seem as if I were watching a film being played backwards as the water burbled along the wrong way.

Very unsettling when you're standing there in the flesh watching it, but as others have stated, it's all due to slanting topography and optical illusions.