invisible cloak

fredreload

fredreload,

Two thoughts.

About the sphere, if you think of a sphere around a cube, the 12 edges of the cube provide a division of the sphere to where 6 Rochester cloaks could be built with equal spacing, allowing there to be at least 6 places around the sphere where you could stand to view the background without seeing the items hidden within the sphere where the light rays are not.

The other thought is using fiber optic arrays. I wonder if you had a wall of ends of fiber optic strands and a similar wall of the other end of the fibers in the same orientation, to each other as the other end, whether you would see the image on the opposite side, as if you where looking through a window. If you would, then putting an item between the fibers and routing the fibers around the item would be a ray tracing analog. You would still have the distance problem, but you could set up your twelve sides of the sphere on the edges of a cube, so to speak, and effectively see the view on the other side of the device, without seeing the items you have hidden between the strands.

Regards, TAR

but alas I ran out of room inside the sphere for all the fibers, being that there is no circumference to go around since each of the 12 faces is actually on the circumference and each face is packed solid with fiber...oh well, maybe a combination of electronics and fibers where the signals could be recorded on the one face and regenerated on the other, maybe every other fiber being a receiver or a sender...or something...just a thought

Fiber optics would be single directional though, as John mentioned. I still like the idea of a suit, but it seems hard to achieve. To being with, how do you make light behaves like a fluid. The only thing I've read is slow light in a BEC with laser cooling. Not sure if the direction of light can be freely changed, if you can control that, there would be more degrees of freedom, maybe interfere it with other electromagnetic waves? I'll have to look into Strange's post again

Can someone explain this clip? Is it bending electrons or photons?