will we live again?

SpecialGuest

No. I am saying that, like other religious people, you are worrying about something that doesn't exist. You might be better off worrying about things in the real world that you might be bale to do something about.

we both exist now dont we? Thats proof that we can exist. Im not talking about something that cant be proven like religion..

we living is a proof that we can exist. Is that wrong? Now, why would we cease to exist? Not enough space and time to form us again exactly in the same way?

You have no proof that the universe is infinite. Even if it were, you have no proof that there are an infinite number of "you". (And even if there were, they would not be "you".)

But, luckily, the forum has an ignore function for just this level of idiocy.

You have no proof that the universe is infinite. Even if it were, you have no proof that there are an infinite number of "you". (And even if there were, they would not be "you".)

But, luckily, the forum has an ignore function for just this level of idiocy.

I respect your point but why did I always read that we will live again for eternity IF the universe is infinite? Bear in mind that I'm not here to prove multiverse or anything, I just want to know IF the infinity exists, if we will live forever.

If the multiverse theory is true, it means that there are infinite number of planets, in fact infinite number of planets exact same as ours. There are infinite number of ''ME'' out there living the exact same life as me. Now you may agree or disagree of the theory, but if we take the path I did, which is that I believe in the theory, then I want to ask some basic questions:

1. If the theory is right and there is infinite multiverses out there , existing for eternity without beginning and without an end, does it mean that I personally , after I die, will live again the EXACT same life as I did this life, because according to quantum physics, energy can't be destroyed.

The atoms that makes me ''ME'' will eventually fall in the same order at some point in the infinity and therefore will keep on creating ''me'' over and over again. This idea kind of reminds me of Nietzsche's eternal return theory.

2.If your life is hard and you suffer in this world, you are basically entitled for eternal hell, without having the ability to escape, because after you die in this world, you are born in another yet exact same one. Your whole life will be the same again down to every atom, and you will keep repeating the miserable life for eternity.

I expect answers that will counter attack my theory with ideas like if the infinity exists then there are infinite number of possible outcomes so ''my'' life will not come to exist because it was one time ''chance'' of happening.

However I partly agree with this, even though there would be infinite possibilities , it still doesn't eliminate the reappearance of the same possibility.

Under this premise, would not we all reading this thread be subject to the same thing, and repetitively and randomly experiencing each others Hells, give or take a few (zillion?) atoms.

Silly thought, but I couldn't help it the other infinite times either.

Under this premise, would not we all reading this thread be subject to the same thing, and repetitively and randomly experiencing each others Hells, give or take a few (zillion?) atoms.

Silly thought, but I couldn't help it the other infinite times either.

I have no idea what you mean. How could you experience my suffering?

hmm, how is that relatable to this discussion ? :D

Perhaps to this discussion...

so you believe that if we could go beyond our universe there is a limit? A wall?

and your earlier question as to how I conceive the universe, which I described as a bubble expanding into nothingness.

and your earlier question as to how I conceive the universe, which I described as a bubble expanding into nothingness.

Even if that were an accurate model (it probably isn't) that is independent of isotropy. You could have an anisotropic bubble expanding into empty space.

Even if that were an accurate model (it probably isn't) that is independent of isotropy. You could have an anisotropic bubble expanding into empty space.

I also wrote, "...there's distinction between what I conceive and what I believe. What I conceive isn't evidence of fact or probability as what I decide to believe surely must be." I conceive an isotropic bubble as something smooth and equally distributed along its surface...more bubble-like than how I envision anisotropy. My concept is based on a perspective for which I agree there is insufficient support.

NOTE: Discovered this recent DNews video entitled "What is Beyond The Universe?" It discusses some of what we've talked about here and also mentioned the Physical Review article I posted a link to previously.

Edited by DrmDoc